• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance Exhaust

XJSlater

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if any of you are affiliated with Performance Exhaust in Pacific, (if so you might take offense) but I went down there to get some 2.5" pipe bent and installed yesterday.

For the past couple weeks I had been getting rattles from my stock pipe (just figured the back clamp had loosened) so long story short after they were done installing the pipe he told me that the weld had broken off between the cat and muffler so thats where the rattles had come from. He said that it looked like it had a terrible weld job done on it. Well little did he know (or apparently couldn't remember) I had been down there maybe 3 months ago to get a Flowmaster 40 put on, which the same kid welded up. Once he found out about his mistake he tried to cover it up saying i probably dropped on it, causing it to break and told me my cat was bent, I checked it and its not.

Needless to say I won't be returning there again (unless my weld breaks) and definitely would urge others to shun away.

Sorry just needed to vent a little.

-Adam

They didnt do a good job at all when they did they did the dual exhaust on the Corvette. Rattled against the body, took them like 2 times to get it right(free of charge, cant complain there), welded on the expensive 'era' polished stainless steel mufflers crooked(bought them from Mid-America). Ended up fixing the rattles, took off the junk spendy mufflers(baffles rattled internally on 2 more sets they sent). I give 'em 1 thumbs down, they wernt all that bad, maybe they were training a new guy or something.

Id recommend Pro-Exhaust in Auburn. They do work for the shop, seem to be ok at what they do.

The old owner of that place used to do a good job. From what I remember, it's now changed hands a couple of times and I've heard of several issues. They used to do some killer work and I hope they can get that back.

J

I had problems with two differant exhaust places. Welds breaking and rattles. I found a little place in Renton called Lifetime muffler. He's a wheeler and knew I needed my exhaust tucked hi. When I picked it up I couldn't evan see the exhaust pipe out the back. Many people have said that its the best looking exhaust they have seen on a XJ. Mad props to Lifetime muffler. And I was out the door for 300$ cat and muffler 2' mag

Avanteone said:
The old owner of that place used to do a good job. From what I remember, it's now changed hands a couple of times and I've heard of several issues. They used to do some killer work and I hope they can get that back.

J

You know how long ago that all took place, John? Seems a little over a year ago I sent one customer to them for custom pipe around a Fabtech longarm kit (TJ, hacked in by some 14yo kid at that place in Maple Valley...that's another story). They did a phenomenal job, so about 6mo later I sent another customer to them with an RE longarm and he's gone back like 3 times for it to be redone...and I don't think it ever came out right. Wouldn't surprise me if it was between the two, because the quality difference was night and day.

The only good from Performance Exhaust is that they did have (and hopefully still do have) a lifetime warranty on all their welds, so atleast if their were problems they could be adressed for free, but I still was not impressed

Back