• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Problems

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running 34x9.5r15 Bias TSLs on factory 15x7 jeep wheels. I've run them since mid summer and have never had any problems until recently. In my last 3 trips out i have popped the bead 5 times. the first 3 were with aluminium rims, and this past weekend i switched to steel and had the same result. I dont air down my tires either. i've heard some suggestions like running them on a 15x6 wheel or switching to an aftermarket 15x7 because they should have a bigger lip. any advice is appreciated.
2664621810098019726S500x500Q85.jpg

Last edited:
First: Was there a hazmat situation in the which the person in the picture had to put on a hazmat suit?

Second: Whats wrong with beadlocks on a DD?

Third: You don't air down? What psi do you run? Is it the same tire everytime?

Edit: You don't air down but that front left looks EXTREMELY aired down to me!

lowrange2 said:
First: Was there a hazmat situation in the which the person in the picture had to put on a hazmat suit?

Second: Whats wrong with beadlocks on a DD?

Third: You don't air down? What psi do you run? Is it the same tire everytime?

Edit: You don't air down but that front left looks EXTREMELY aired down to me!

beadlocks are illegal here in Mass,
i run at 25 psi on the road and on the trail.
every single tire has gone down atleast once.
the front left is flat in the picture.

They are skinny tires... Wider ones will just make it worse, the smaller the wheel, the more outward pressure the tire exerts on the wheel, thus keeping bead. A wider tire will just give it more lee-way to go poof.

buy DIY beadlocks for some wheels, buy new tires for the DD and use those tires on thre trail! Do the cops actually inforce the beadlock law? Just tell them they are fake locks.

Yes they do, at least around here. I thought even SC had a beadlock law. But then again since they did away with inspections, that may have been thrown out too.

ZacSquatch said:
Yes they do, at least around here. I thought even SC had a beadlock law. But then again since they did away with inspections, that may have been thrown out too.

I hope not. I'm in the middle of welding the locks on a set of wheels right now.

Whoa! Elaine IS his neighbor. Did you know that Dr. House was the business guy on 'Flight of the Pheonix'

Yes, an aftermarket wheel will have a deeper bead lip.

If you read Matt's (ixnayxj) post on his TrXus, he's running them as low as 3psi on some black rock crawler wheels, and only blew a bead one time, and it took alot to do.

The fact that there's been numerous incidents resulting from some idiot not torqueing down the beadlock bolts. Tires blow, wheels seperate. Only takes a few to hit the news before folks get all whoo-ha-ha over nothin.

That's what I was thinking. The same could be said for many other related things such as hubnuts, lugnuts, etc.....

I guess since beadlocks aren't from the factory they can do whatever they want with them. Just like lifted vehicles being unsafe even though plenty of vehicles come factory being 10x more top heavy......bah.

Back