• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KJ Liberator Hood Vents

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone seen the KJ Liberator in the new 4-Wheel Drive and Sport Utility magazine? If so, how do you think those hood vents were done? To me, it looks like it might just be some tightly spaced mesh adhered to the underside of the hood. I've searched elsewhere online quite extensively, and I found some pictures and brief descriptions but no real info. I can't even find Skunkwerks' website.
Mods: I know it's not an XJ, but the application would be for one.

Pictures?

112_0311_sema_950_z.jpg

the vent 6" in front of the wiper cowl.
Looks like expanded metal to me, but remember that show cars don't have to be terribly functional when they're not driven in the rain :)

87manche said:
the vent 6" in front of the wiper cowl.
Looks like expanded metal to me, but remember that show cars don't have to be terribly functional when they're not driven in the rain :)
Right, but it seems that it must be at least somewhat functional if the engineers took it to Moab. The other thing is that I haven't looked at the underhood layout of the 2.5L CRD engine yet. That might give me some clues as to placement, but I'm really just interested in what they covered the holes with.
EDIT: Oh, yeah. The pics I'm going by are, as mentioned in the original post, those in the current 4-Wheel Drive and Sport Utility magazine. Otherwise, a Google search is effective to a minimal degree. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=kj+liberator&btnG=Search

Last edited:
Man, that transfer case is just looking for a rock to rip it off on...and I thought ZJ's had a low one...

The vents though have given me some ideas...
Noticed some nice fender vents on the new Buick Lucerne that caught my eye..

Back