• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine tilting

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Did AMC ever offer the inline six in a leaned over configuration? I'm thinking along the lines of a Chrysler slant six or similar.

The obvious things would be to modify the intake manifold to get the plenum level again, maybe mess with a custom header if required.

What about oiling? Would a dry sump eliminate that as a potential issue?

I'm thinking that it might be a good way to lower CG in a buggy. Rotate the engine over about 30 degrees, cut down the cowl height and swing the oil pan up into the chassis. Modify the tranny bell housing to make the tranmission level again.

??

might it be easier to just use a slant six block and modify the intake manifold to accept the renix controls, or go TBI with a megasquirt system?
Slant sixes were available in similar sizes and performance ranges as the 4.0
Slant 6 was 225 CI vs the 4.0@242.
And with an upgraded intake system I think it would be possible to put it in the 4.0's power range.
something to consider. Might be easier to mate the slant 6 to a new trans than tilting the entire 4.0.

Back