• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question for those with top hat roof rack

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
alright i just got my olympic top hat rack...and i'm having a little problem here...they used to use eye bolts to connect the top rails to the bottom rails...but now they switched to carriage bolts. however, the carriage bolts don't sit flush with the rail...there is no space in the hole in the rail for the square part of the bolt to sit.....sooo for those who have recently purchased the rack (with the carriage bolts instead of eye bolts) did you run into this problem?

also, the top rail has two different sized holes on either side of the rail....and the larger holes are supposed to face upwards, but when they are facing upwards the holes do not line up with the bottom rail so the carriage bolt can go through both of them...so i had to flip it around so the small holes face upward....butttt even if they did line up correctly (with the bigger holes facing upwards to accept the carriage bolt im guessing) the hole still isn't big enough for the square part of the bolt...

hopefully some of that stuff made sense. if not, oh well.

i guess this turned into more of a rant...but anybody else run into this problem? heh, thanks.

Back