• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with original 89 XJ "size"

Kad

NAXJA Forum User
Hello guys, i need some help.

I've recently purchased a 89 4.0L XJ, the problem here is that the suspension is not the "original" one, the Jeep seems to be higher then the "standard" ones, but unfortunly, i can't tell how much high it is. For a start, i've 6 "leafs" in the rear axle, someone told me that by factory release it has only 4. in the front i've some "red" coils, with no spacers but cant find the brand of them :(
Also, Rancho RS9000 shocks installed.

What i need to know is the XJ "original" size so that i can measure mine to get an idea how high it is, because, altough it seems higher, right now with 32 tires fitted it needs some serious trimming, or even... go higher ;)
and to go higher, since i'm a cheap bastard... i was thinking in doing some shackles + coil spacers.

Thanks for reading and help ;)

Kad

Sounds like a 3 in rancho lift. Check the top of the leafs for white rancho lettering to verify. I have a rancho 3" lift with 2"spacers and fit 32's no problem.

xjcody said:
Sounds like a 3 in rancho lift. Check the top of the leafs for white rancho lettering to verify. I have a rancho 3" lift with 2"spacers and fit 32's no problem.

xjcody -> You also have 6 leafs in the rear ? by the way, u have pm.

Back