• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EGR Tube

SPVFD47

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where you can find them besides the Stealership ? I'm looking for a 90 2.5 inparticular. No luck with the local NAPA and both Tellico and Quadratec don't seem to list them in their catalogs also.

EGR tube?? like the vacuum line that connects to the EGR? Just get any old vacuum line and make it work.

AFAIK, the EGR valve is a dealer only item. Quite a few years back (5 or so?) I replaced the EGR on my 89 MJ 4.0L and after having my friend who owns a repair shop see if he could find me one, he eventually sent me to the dealer. Don't know if things have changed since then or not???

He means the metal tube that goes from the EGR to the exhaust manifold. I am currently looking for one as well, since mine is crushed. Thanks Muffler Man!!!

Yes, I am looking for the tube not the valve... The vavle is available from NAPA and includes the gasket for all of those that might be reading this down the road. I need the tube between the intake and exhaust manifolds. My exhaust manifold somehow warped... When I put the tube back in with a new manifold it was warped also... When I tighted it up, where it meets the flange that bolts to the exhaust manifold, it cracked. I can probabily get away with welding it if I have to... It would be easier just to replace it.

On my current project I have made a block-off for the valve and got some brass plugs for where the tube goes in both the intake and exhaust manifolds.

I thought about doing that... All you have to do is plug the intake manifold, the new exhaust manifolds come with a plate for setups that don't use the tube. Then you just need plug the vac line off. The only problem is what is the effect on the emissions after that? Where I am (New Jersey) theres strict emissions laws. I failed inspection once due to a non functioning EGR vavle cause the diaphram was broken.

Back