• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MT bias claws

ksmithers88

NAXJA Forum User
so im pretty much set on the mickey t bias baja claws.

I'm goin for 35's, my question is this: i can get the 35x13.50's or the 35x15.50's, are the 15.50's worth the extra $40? Also would i have to worry about rubbing at all with the wider tires? I'm on a 6.5" lift with bushwackers

If anyone is running the 35x15.50 claws, or any tire that tall,wide, a pic is appreciated, thanks.

ksmithers88 said:
so im pretty much set on the mickey t bias baja claws.​

I'm goin for 35's, my question is this: i can get the 35x13.50's or the 35x15.50's, are the 15.50's worth the extra $40? Also would i have to worry about rubbing at all with the wider tires? I'm on a 6.5" lift with bushwackers​

If anyone is running the 35x15.50 claws, or any tire that tall,wide, a pic is appreciated, thanks.​

those are WIIIDE i wouldn't get them you'd rub like mad and need like 2 inches of BS

Depends on what you need. If you run the 15.5s, they're going to have to stick out really far! Is your state cool with that?? 15.5s will be more stable on side hills and such, and will provide better flotation. That being said, for an XJ 13.5s should be plenty wide to provide you with sufficient stability and plenty of flotation. 13.5s would be easier to run.

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
go 13.50 so you wont have to worry about rubbing unless you just street drive it then get the 15.50 all the way!just my .02

Choosing a bias ply tire for "just street driving" would be asinine.

^^, its my DD, but its certainly not a mall crawler :eyes:

I live in FL and my friend has 16" wide boggers on his tj and hasnt gotten a single look from a cop (one even complemented his rig).

But i agree the 15.5's would stick out a ways.

Also, would bumpstops help with rubbing on the 35x13.50's, or should i be alright with my BW's and 6.5" of lift?

edit: these are 15LT tires, so id be running 15 inch rims

GRIMUS99XJ said:
I ordered a set of 35x13.50r15 bias claws right before halloween for a TJ project I am working on and they kick ass.

ahh you're makin me antsy, can't wait to get out there and start tearin em up!

I've been running 35x13.5" claws for about 18 months.

The only real draw back I've noticed is they tend to float a bit more then I'd like with water, deep snow, etc. I'm also running a fairly heavy XJ at 4800+. Point being, 15.5" I would think would float excessively on a DD in a wet region.

I personally wouldn't exceed 13.5" on an XJ used as a DD. After running this setup for awhile, I tend to think 13.5" are a bit wider then ideal. Granted this depends on a host of factors (lift, type of road use, etc). So what seems excessive to me, may be perfect for someone else.

As for rubbing I'd bet you without further trimming.

Hey, if you got the cash for the 15.5's and that's what you want, go for it. If you don't like them replace them with something else.

Just be aware that's a fair amount of tire for a DD XJ.

Do I dare ask if you've upgraded axles, or are planning to?

Back