• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission problems

woodbutcher

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ and it has an AX -15 that is locked in 5th gear is this a common problem that can be fixed easy or do I need to get another (I cant tell if maybe the shifter is loose or it is stuck in gear .
Sean

Iposted in the modified tech section because I figured the OEM section would not be where people had repiared their own transmissions.
any help would be appreciated.
Sean

True, but it still may not be disengaging the clutch. Check for fluid under the bellhousing or on your fuse block. One way to test is to push the clutch pedal all the way in and get another person to try and push the cherokee. If he can push it, then your transmission is screwed up. If he can't, then the clutch isn't disengaged because it's pushing against the compression of the engine.

not sure but I am going to check it the clutch works I can oush in the clutch and it will start I am just not sure if maybe the shifter fork is stuck or broken dont know how to check that .
Thanks
Sean

Back