• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Trip Report

Matt_West

NAXJA Forum User
Sunday afternoon I took my wife and mother in law for a ride in the country. Decided to try Tinkham. The snow was good, but lots of people trying to get christmass trees with full size rigs and radials at 100psi. I also understand that they are going to plow the road soon for the Christmass tree seekers.

Made it up past the trestle but not as far as the first shooting pit. Encounterred some well built rigs coming down an XJ and some sort of Barbie variant. They were reseating the bead on a very large tire on the Barbie Jeep. They indicated that they had not gone much farther.

I didn't want to try and squeeze by and so tried to turn around. Perpindicular to the road I backed up to far and high centerred the back. Modestly stuck I ineffective tried lazy strategies to get unstuck. In the end the guy with the Barbie Jeep gave a little tug to set me free after mocking my overly clean tow strap. (Its sad, but I haven't even had the time for web wheeling lately.)

Anyway it was a good day, I had a lot of fun, and was able to help out some other vehicles: a Toyota pickup, Izusu Trooper, Dodge Power Wagon, and Chevy Cavilier. My wife enjoyed the ride and would like to go on an organized snow run so I will be checking in.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt_West said:
My wife enjoyed the ride and would like to go on an organized snow run so I will be checking in.
Cheers,
Matt

Sounds like you had a good time Matt!
So is there enough snow up there for a decent full fledged snow run?
How was the snow? sticky, wet?

Snow run's are great runs for the wife, kids, family, etc!!

Michael

I drove past the Tinkham exit earlier today (on my LONG trip down to Portland/Eugene) and there looks to be VERY little snow up in the hills now, I suspect a bunch of it has melted. There is still some there, but doesn't look to be enough for a real snow run yet.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I drove past the Tinkham exit earlier today (on my LONG trip down to Portland/Eugene) and there looks to be VERY little snow up in the hills now, I suspect a bunch of it has melted. There is still some there, but doesn't look to be enough for a real snow run yet.

Michael
I was up there last night and it's just ice and slush. We'll have to wait a while until it's wheelable again. It was great Saturday, though!

-----Matt-----

Yep, it looks like from your other posts it was a good time and at least a decent amount of snow.

It was over 50 deg up there today after noon!!

I can't wait for a real snow run!!
Michael

2xtreme said:
...it was a good time...
That's one way to put it....

Cimg3592.jpg

Cimg3594.jpg

-----Matt-----

Back