• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which JKS Track Bar for 3"-5" lift?

CaliGold

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys.

I just did a 3" lift and need an adjustable track bar.

This is a critical component, so I would like to get the best my money will buy, but I would like to buy something I can still use if / when I decide to lift it 5 inches in the future (I'd like to keep my options open).

I've decided on the JKS product, but not sure if I should get the 1-3.5" model or the 4" and over model. My preference is to get the 4+" model so I can grow into the bigger lifts.

Do you guys see any problems reliably running (not temporarily) the JKS 4+" track bar with my 3" lift?

Ready to order, but can't decide which.

Any good deals? It seems like DPG and JeepinOutfitters have good prices and free shipping. Any other recommendations?

I would personally go with the RE track bar or the JKS, and I would get the one that fits your amount of lift... if you don't your axle won't be centered under your rig at all. I had one on mine for a while that was to long for a while.

joshv98xj said:
Call JKS and ask them.

Actually I did just before posting. They recommended the 1"-3.5" for my current 3 inch lift, and to get the 4+" if I lift it higher. They're too expensive to buy twice for me.

They did explain that the two types were the same length. Only the welded angle to the johnny joint is different.

Anyone use (or have used) a 4+" JKS trackbar on 3" of lift?

I have 3.5" of lift and got the JKS trackbar from Kevin at kevinsoffroad.com - its good for up to 7" of lift i believe. works perfectly for me.

CaliGold said:
Actually I did just before posting. They recommended the 1"-3.5" for my current 3 inch lift, and to get the 4+" if I lift it higher. They're too expensive to buy twice for me.

They did explain that the two types were the same length. Only the welded angle to the johnny joint is different.

Anyone use (or have used) a 4+" JKS trackbar on 3" of lift?

You could always use the correct one now and when you decide to go higher get the correct one and sell the 1"-3.5" trac bar. I am running a used JKS from a guy who got inchitis, payed about 50% of new.

JNickel101 said:
I have 3.5" of lift and got the JKS trackbar from Kevin at kevinsoffroad.com - its good for up to 7" of lift i believe. works perfectly for me.

X2... makes the joint angle irrelevant (double shear mount, horizontal bolt)

Well Boatwrench, if I was as lucky to get a 1-3.5 trackbar at half price, this decision would be easy. I'm trying to spend my 2 bills as efficiently as I can.

I'm glad JNickel101 had no problems, Looks like I'm gonna lean towards the 4+.
Any others with input?

CaliGold, take a good look at the JKS bar from Kevin's Offroad....

it will run you a bit more b/c of the mount, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd have just gotten the TB from Kevin, then bought the TB mount from www.jksmfg.com (you can find it under the Fab Parts section) and taken it to a welder and had it welded up....

but...he does give you a pretty good deal if you send him back your "old" bracket.

Thanks JNickel101. I took a look at Kevin's Offroad site and understand better how it works with the modified mount. It's a great version of the JKS, but nearly 260 bucks after shipping. Ugh! The JKS was already a bit steep in price for me. Let me chew on it.

RE,TnT,or Kevin's for the reasons already stated.Also RE now has a longer end that you can replace if you ever lift that high,its on 24$.

Back