• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not sure where to post this

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering how old kids should be before they can go wheelin. im a fairly new dad, my daughter isnt old enough yet (just turned one), but i was just curious to see what every one else thought! i didnt take my step son till he was 4 and i scared the crap out of him, he started bawling and told me he wanted to just watch and walk down the trail!!!! he was a champ though i talked him into riding out the rest of the trail with only a few tears and a death grip on the carseat!!! lol poor kid

take them early enough that they don't know whats going on (so they don't get scared) i have the same problem with my 8 and 10 yr olds. cause i started too late.

but don't take them to early that they can't protect themselves (hold there head up, hold the Oh sheeeet handles, etc...)

my .02

im thinking of starting to take my daughter on really easy stuff like the snow and maybe the bumpy roads to the fishin hole. i think my step son was scared cause he got in a car accident like 2 weeks earlier and spun a couple times and landed in a ditch

My son is two and a half and has been wheeling with me in some sort of capacity since about 6 months old. I started out on logging roads and the bouncing and bumps made him giggle and eventually fall asleep. Now he wheels with me most of the time, asks to go fast through big puddles, laughs all day, and usually helps me work on it
DSC_0019.jpg

-Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
My son is two and a half and has been wheeling with me in some sort of capacity since about 6 months old. I started out on logging roads and the bouncing and bumps made him giggle and eventually fall asleep. Now he wheels with me most of the time, asks to go fast through big puddles, laughs all day, and usually helps me work on it
DSC_0019.jpg

-Ryan

whats he working on there ? some new scratches ? home made body damage ?

:D

yeah my boy likes to help work on mine too. he just doesnt want anything to do with riding in it! he likes goin in the snow though, i took him a couple times to alger last year in my nissan and he loved it, or fell asleep!

My Dad started taking me out when I was 3 or 4 years old, everything was fun and nothing scared me to much unless it was really scary. He got me into wheeling! Teach them young.

i dont remember going wheelin when i was a kid, earliest memory is when i went with dan the muffler man when i was about 14 or 15, it was either walker valley or coyote ridge i dont remember which, there right next to each other, but i was hooked after that.

I didnt get into jeeps until a very good friend of mine got me into them.... he is sorta like a big bro, but he got me into it oh when I was around 15 I think.

Except he is into the ZJ's and I am into the XJ's :D lol he is on the NAGCA site and I am on the NAXJA site..... i kinda thikn that this wasnt what he was shooting for lol

but he has a kids that are 3 and younger I think and took his yougest one out wheelin wit him when he was round 8 months i Believe :p

My Pops started me off young. Drove an 80-something Cherokee as a toddler (well, kinda drove it). Got a hand-me-down 96 when i first got my license. So for the first year of having the rig, me and my dad worked on it every time i messed something up.
So, if you wanna save money down the road, NEVER. But I love my dad for introducing me to it young! Got my own rig now, and plan on passing on the tradition when I gets me a kid. . . in another 10 years or so!

Austin Barrett said:
Dad, you do realize these TJ flares will come off if I sneeze hard, right? I'm also not too sure about your pinion angle.... Oh, and please tell me those aren't lift blocks I see!

God, you're such a n00b. Here I am with my stick welder, and you have no idea where to start. :rolleyes:

DSC_0019.jpg

-----Matt-----

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
IXNAYXJ said:
DSC_0019.jpg

-----Matt-----
STICK WELDER!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The kids were using sticks to clean the mud from the treads. That is truly an excellent picture. You should submit it to one of the magazines!

Start 'em young. ; This is my daughter at 8 months:

IMG_1223.JPG

Avanteone said:
How about my kid working on Matt's Jeep?

10-18-06to10-25-06-037.jpg

10-18-06to10-25-06-033.jpg

10-18-06to10-25-06-040.jpg

hahaha

J

Matt's Jeep..... Priorities John! Priorities! He needs to work on Dad's Jeep, then Mom's Jeep, then and only then on Matt's Jeep....Unless he is charging hourly rates that is... :rof: Hey! Is he painting that AJ's front bumper??? How much does he charge for that??? I just scrapped it back down to bare metal at Walker Valley....

I had a friend start his son when he was just a few months. He's bundle his head up tight and take it easy. I started my oldest when he was 1 1/2 - 2. His first trip he was yelling at the trees to get out of my way..

Back