• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the jeep and the speed bumps

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I've had a DD for about 4 years now in order to ease up on the Jeep. First I drove a Civic Hybrid, now I drive a VW GTI. First one was ok, this one is FUN, but.... no matter how long has it been since I drove the Jeep, when I'm in it I feel right at home. Then no matter how little I drive the Jeep when I switch to the VW it feels "wrong". I think it's time for me to get another jeep for a DD next time I'm switchign DD out. Anyone else has that problem?

Nope! But I don't have that hellacious drive you have either....

Just buy a 4 cy Jeep.

Maybe a new Compass or Patriot....

At least they are "Jeep" and OK on gas mileage.....

rpraterxj said:
Nope! But I don't have that hellacious drive you have either....
Drive actually has nothing to do with it. I just went to run a few errands today and just pulling out of the driveway felt wrong.
Just buy a 4 cy Jeep.
I'm thinking a 6cylinder as down the road... it will definately turn into a trail rig.
Maybe a new Compass or Patriot....

At least they are "Jeep" and OK on gas mileage.....
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek you know how wrong that'd feel?

I'm looking to get rid of my current daily and was thinking Cherokee as well.

Took a new job and I'll be on Catalina half the year, so there's no point in having my fancy 06 Accord with a car payment. I'd rock just the Jeep, but then I'm hosed when I break things.

After seeing the price and condition of alot of mid 90's imports, I'm thinking second Cherokee. Sure, it gets a bit less mpg, but I know how to work on the damn thing!

Maybe a 2wd 2 door Sport 4.0 to beat unsuspecting ricers in...

Gerr said:
yeah but 2wd is much more likely to end up jeepspeed than 4wd in my case

Ummm.....ARE YOU SURE???

:D

I gave up on trying to have a 'do all' rig.
Sooooo.....
I now own three Cherokees, two full size F-250's, two dune buggies, CRF 450,
big RV, and a Dodge convertable.
And now I'm eyeing another Cherokee...

Its a sickness, I know.

Jump This said:
I now own three Cherokees, two full size F-250's, two dune buggies, CRF 450,
big RV, and a Dodge convertable.
And now I'm eyeing another Cherokee...

Its a sickness, I know.

it must be nice to have such full pockets daddy warbucks!:laugh:

GrimmJeeper said:
it must be nice to have such full pockets daddy warbucks!:laugh:

Take out the RV and the convertable and maybe my dune buggy and the total cash value of the other rigs isn't much.
I think my addiction is for CHEAP rigs.....

I understand where you're coming from Remi, I bought this to DD and it still doesnt feel "right" which is why i still take the XJ to work 2 times a week :D
DSC01135.jpg

My DD is a giant white Ford box van, with a 460. The thing is a pig that sucks gas, can't park it anywhere, is illegal to park on residential streets, and has shot brakes. But hey, I can't complain. :cheers:

OK, I've decided :) After the New Years I'll be looking to sell the VW and I'll get another XJ for a DD. Nothing fancy, just a 97+ and it will get a mild lift and it's just going to be a go around, enjoy myself type of a vehicle :D Of course it's going to get the regular treatment: small lift, rock rails, gears... maybe a locker (ok, definately a rear locker) :D

But if someone knows anyone who is interested in a 2006 GTI with 52K on the clock, oil changes with the proper synthetic every 5K and the regular good care all around send them my way. Oh yeah, tires have probably about 15K or less on them.

Kejtar said:
OK, I've decided :) After the New Years I'll be looking to sell the VW and I'll get another XJ for a DD. Nothing fancy, just a 97+ and it will get a mild lift and it's just going to be a go around, enjoy myself type of a vehicle :D Of course it's going to get the regular treatment: small lift, rock rails, gears... maybe a locker (ok, definately a rear locker) :D

But if someone knows anyone who is interested in a 2006 GTI with 52K on the clock, oil changes with the proper synthetic every 5K and the regular good care all around send them my way. Oh yeah, tires have probably about 15K or less on them.

Damn and I thought I put alot of miles on a vehicle! I've got 28k on my 06 Accord.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Damn and I thought I put alot of miles on a vehicle! I've got 28k on my 06 Accord.
dude.. if I feel like it, I drive out to Phoenix for the day to the gun show, or maybe to San Jose to check out Winchester house, or a quick run up to Sequoia for some backpacking.... it's easy to rack up miles ;) For me a 600 mile round trip is nothing :D

Back