• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Cat??

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Ok about a month ago i decided to piece together my own cat back flowmaster exhaust on my '94 and instead of getting the right adapter i just clamped down the 2.5" muffler onto the 2.25" cat. well i decided to redo the hacked exhaust right and took the muffler off, cut right after the clamp to make it back into a 2.5" and right now i am running it straight outta the cat. i noticed that the honeycomb came loose and rattles like crazy, so i was wondering if i should just get a new OEM cat to replace it seeing as i already have the right adapter this time.

ebay cat.

go to the parts store and get the universal they have for about 70 bucks, and spend the 20 to have a shop weld it in....

Something interesting to think about, we are going to try a VW cat. on a few of our jeeps around here. The 'honeycomb' on the inside of the VW cat. is made of metal or something different then the material on a jeep cat. Idea behind this is that it wont break down when you go thru water.

Back