• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head gasket on 90 Cherokee 4.0

4x4_Welder

NAXJA Forum User
Great engine, but you can see the Renault influence in the accesory design and installation. My big issue on this thing now is how to line up the cylinder head back on the block- the pinch weld on the firewall keeps me from using the recommended method of dropping the head over a headless bolt or stud, and there are no dowel pins.
I just don't want to screw this thing up-

4x4_Welder said:
Great engine, but you can see the Renault influence in the accesory design and installation. My big issue on this thing now is how to line up the cylinder head back on the block- the pinch weld on the firewall keeps me from using the recommended method of dropping the head over a headless bolt or stud, and there are no dowel pins.
I just don't want to screw this thing up-

Post #54 gives some alternate advice.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=933960&page=2

That's basically what I was thinking, I just didn't know if mine was missing the dowel pins or what. First engine I've seen without them or any other way of locating the head on the block or cylinder.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to be careful about it and take my time.
Thanks for the help.

Back