• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

change a header panel

mr.bigg

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 90 waggoneer and the headlight mounts are all rotten and about 60 bucks a pop,how much work would it be to convert to a standard XJ front end.changing the hard parts is the easy part,its the wiring i'm concerned about.is it PITA to go from 4 lights to 2 or is it plug and play

you should only need to get the correct headlight pigtails from a local parts house and splice them in. A little Sherlock Holmes work with the proper diagrams shouldn't be too difficult.

If you get a 'normal', tto headlight header, make sure you get it with the wiring harness. That way, you'll have the proper turn/park light sockets, and the proper side markers. I wouldn't suggest splicing the headlight sockets, as the four headlight setup has only two wires to each bulb. I put a Waggy header on my son's '95, and the clip on the harness plugged right in to the car's harness. I don't like the four headlight setup because it can be difficult to find headlights for, and there don't seem to be any of the newer, more bright bulbs for it. It looks different, but it's just not bright enough.

I agree with heyhar. Grab the wireing harness the same time you grab the header. (If your getting them at the pick and pull) I have a waggy header minus the grill and I am still looking for a grill to swap out my front.

pigpen

84-96 use the same front end configuration. Even if it's a Wagoneer (4 headlights) or Cherokee (2 headlights), it all bolts up the same.

97-01 have the different front end and such.

amc years the header bolted on from inside the fender.

chrysler years the header bolted on from behind the sidemarker lights.

the change year was 88/89.

the fenders are slightly different as well.

Back