• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Loosens itself..

89CherokeePioneer

NAXJA Forum User
89 Cherokee 4.0 AW4 231 212k

Back when I was having DW, I replaced the stablizer, and it was almost gone.. Heard this funny noise. Starting looking for loose suspension parts! Ah! trackbars loose. Tightened it and its been perfect. This was in July.

Fast forward to today. I'm hearing this noise again. Trackbar was loose again, no DW this time though. Tight again..

Why is it loosen itself? I'm seriously putting ALL my weight into getting this thing tight. It's fine now, but wtf?

impact wrench. i put all my weight on the bolts (with a small cheater bar) and when i had the chance to finally use an impact, it turned more.and if for some reason that doesn't work, take the bolts out and lok-tite 'em before you put em back in.

I thought we were talking about the bolts that go into the side of the mount or even the rod end, as long as dealing with it removed from the Jeep. If not, then I guess Loc-Tite is your best bet. To remove, grind the tacks off.

Back