• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance Chips

CJ's98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here run a Jet Stage 1 chip in their 4.0L? The manufacturer claims added lower end torque and HP. Is this noticable at around the 2000-2100 rpm range? In theory this should help with the mpg's. Just wondering if it holds true once you turn the key.

can't help you on the 4.0, but i had a Jet chip on a 5.9 ram truck, all it got me was a constant CEL and terrible gas mileage. took it back off and everything was fine again. just my .02

I have a stage 2 on my 96 and it's probably good for 10hp/10lbft--worth $100 to me. I definitely noticed more of a difference on my 94 with the stage 2, though. The Hypertech 3 didn't work with the 96 at all: pinged w/93 oct on 87 power setting(wtf?), didn't raise RPMs nor bump up speed governor, but did work fine at checking/clearing codes.

i have the stage 2 on mine and compared to the stock 4.0 in my sisters jeep i can really tell a difference. But i also have headers and a full eschuast on mine.

WVUwheeler said:
i have the stage 2 on mine and compared to the stock 4.0 in my sisters jeep i can really tell a difference. But i also have headers and a full eschuast on mine.

x2

I have a Stage 2 for my 96 (that came with it, so I'm not going to complain). I've got a Flowkooler waterpump and lower temp thermostat, along with running high octane in every tank (it's not a daily driver anymore). I notice a significant difference on the hills and especially in 4LO. The *only* issue I've had with it is a CEL for 'lean' when I'm trying to climb mountain passes with it on the highway. When I go to my favorite wheeling spot I just leave the chip out until I'm there.

Back