• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift for 31" BFG mudders 2.5"shackle?

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
OK couldn't pass up a good deal on some 31's, how much lift do I need to clear tires, already searched, will not be flexing a whole bunch, what do u guys think of the 2.5" shackle by rockkrawler? thnks 4 your time.

Well, with 31's and a 2.5'' lift, you will rub. regaurdless, you need to lift the front too. 31's+2.5'' = lots 'o' rubbage. You could do it, but you would have to trim alot.

I would say 3'' minimum, possibly trimming too.

3 inch you will be fine. i have no rub with 15x8 black steel rims with 3.75 bs

Last edited:
My 2000 XJ has a Rubicon Express 2" kit, spacers on the front and add a leafs on the back...looks good with 31X1050's...fine for the street, been off road with a little twist and no rubbing...swaybar still connected...you will need to place a washer or two on the steering limiters to keep from rubbing at full lock...but thats not a big deal to do...

To be able to make use of those 31's I would go 3-3.5" with stock wheels or BS. You will rub on full lock so be careful not to F up the new tires.

If you trim the actual fenders a bit and then cut and pound up the inner "seams," I don't think you'd have a problem. I only have about 1 3/4" of lift and I fit a buddy's 31s fine once with only a bit of rubbing on the LCAs (but I've trimmed front and rear fenders as well as cut and bent the inner-wheelwell seams over). Then again, I also added a hockey puck on each side up front and a 1 1/4" extension to the rear bumpstops with just that little lift and right now I only run 235/75R15 BFG ATs. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, the problem fitting 31s with a really low lift appears to be that inner-wheelwell seam.

Back