• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle tube question

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
any one every seen a axle tube come loose where it conects to the pumpkin? it just rotated a little not much but enough to screw up a lift block. any ideas on how to rotate it back in to place to so i can weld it back to the pumpkin.

Another example of the negative effects of blocks.An axle shop is your best bet since if your running blocks you probably wouldnt have the needed equipment to fix this(if you did you wouldnt be running blocks).

the blocks were installed by the previous owner. im not a big fan of them but it works for now till i cann afford a set of leafs. im capable of figure some thing out and fixing it my self i just wanted to see if this happened to any one else out there that might know an easy way to fix it myself! thanks for any input

gill41083 said:
the blocks were installed by the previous owner. im not a big fan of them but it works for now till i cann afford a set of leafs. im capable of figure some thing out and fixing it my self i just wanted to see if this happened to any one else out there that might know an easy way to fix it myself! thanks for any input

It works for now? It's broke isn't it?

Now is the time for leafs.

If it's a D35 now is the prime time for an upgrade.

Hale

not sure which axle it is. this is my first jeep, and my second all out wheelin rig. i want to ditch the blocks and at least make some shackles for it but i want to fix the axle first, i dont have the money to upgrade yet but hopefully soon. still works though! just lots of axle wrap

RCP Phx said:
Another example of the negative effects of blocks.An axle shop is your best bet since if your running blocks you probably wouldnt have the needed equipment to fix this(if you did you wouldnt be running blocks).

Damn son.....WTF does that have to do with blocks? I'm assuming it's a D35 which will spin....period. Blocks don't do anythng to increase the force or leverage from the pinion to the axle tubes, which is what causes the pumpkin to spin on the tubes. Gawd, I wish people would stick to talking about things that they knew about. BTW, I run blocks in the rear, always have, so does that mean I don't have the equipment to fix it? I swear....... :rolleyes:

To fix it, put that side tire up against a rock and put it in reverse and give it some gas, while a friend looks underneath to see when it spins back into position. Then weld it up. We've done this numerous times on the trail, and at home. I spun my front back one time by driving as fast as I could in reverse and hitting the brakes hard a couple of times......it went right back, and I welded it up.

gill41083 said:
not sure which axle it is. this is my first jeep, and my second all out wheelin rig. i want to ditch the blocks and at least make some shackles for it but i want to fix the axle first, i dont have the money to upgrade yet but hopefully soon. still works though! just lots of axle wrap

I don't know how much block you have, but if you're on a budget you'd be better off to add a couple more leaves from just about any other stock spring pack. The blocks will definitely increase spring wrap, and if it wraps enough to bind the pinion it could contribute to the axle tube spinning, but it could also break the pinion yoke. I've seen plenty of D35 axle tubes spin without any blocks, so you really have two issues to deal with. You said you don't know what rear end you have, but I'm assuming it's a D35 since it spun, I've never seen an 8.25 spin.....though someone else may have.

Goatman said:
Damn son.....WTF does that have to do with blocks? I'm assuming it's a D35 which will spin....period. Blocks don't do anythng to increase the force or leverage from the pinion to the axle tubes, which is what causes the pumpkin to spin on the tubes. Gawd, I wish people would stick to talking about things that they knew about. BTW, I run blocks in the rear, always have, so does that mean I don't have the equipment to fix it? I swear....... :rolleyes:

To fix it, put that side tire up against a rock and put it in reverse and give it some gas, while a friend looks underneath to see when it spins back into position. Then weld it up. We've done this numerous times on the trail, and at home. I spun my front back one time by driving as fast as I could in reverse and hitting the brakes hard a couple of times......it went right back, and I welded it up.

At least someone around here knows how give helpful information instead of just criticizing.

my buddy said it was a 35 but he didnt look at, he just said he knew it was! thanks for the tips on how to fix it i really appreciate it! fixing things rather than dumping a butt ton of money into them is more my style! some day i will upgrade to better axles but until then i got to have fun with what i got. thanks again for the help.

Goatman said:
I've never seen an 8.25 spin.....though someone else may have.

Ask, and ye shall receive... :)

288522842405_0_BG.jpg

will backing it up against a rock work with a welded rear end? i tried the backing up and hiting the brakes thing but i dont think my rear brakes are workin right.

gill41083 said:
will backing it up against a rock work with a welded rear end? i tried the backing up and hiting the brakes thing but i dont think my rear brakes are workin right.
So use your e-brake..

gill41083 said:
good hard power brake in reverse did the trick! not perfect but close enough!
:party:

Great! You just need to have enough balls to do what it takes to make it spin back. :D

Goatman said:
I run blocks in the rear, always have, so does that mean I don't have the equipment to fix it? I swear....... :rolleyes:

Well, I've heard your equipment is rather small. That's why your called "Goatman" and not "Horseman"...

Back