• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ vs XJ leaves

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Any difference? I need some for my YJ build and the local junk man has 2 MJ's with the leaves in place.

Just wondering about load rating etc, are the springs stiffer due to it being a truck? I'm pretty sure the length would be the same since most lifts fit either.

Thanks

Pretty sure the MJs are stiffer...I think they are Spring Under in the rear, right...?

Hmmm would they make a good canidate for use in a yj swap?? Do they have the offset pin like the XJ's?? Maybe pull an over load out? Any idea of the length?

Thanks for the help

The MJ leaves are 5" longer than the XJ leaves, 3" longer in the front and 2" longer in the rear. They have more arch and are a little stiffer than the XJ leaves. XJ main leaf is 52" and MJ is 57".

I use the 3 MJ bottom leaves under my stock XJ main. I get 4" give or take with the stock shackle.

It's a little stiff, but they articulate better than the RE aal mixed into the stock pack I ran before.

Pretty soon, I'll be removing one of the MJ leaves (probably the middle length one) and replacing it with 2 of the stock length ones.

Back