• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little unsure about quick disconnects...

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have a 04 WJ, looking at the Rustys website for quick disconnects for the front, but there not availble for the rear. Is this due to a lack of needing them for the rear, or lack of coustomer base? Any information, help, or flaming would be appricated.

Peace
Ted

no need for them on the rear of a WJ. The stock bar flexs just fine. Watch out for beer cans though! Long story...

No need for them in the rear.

For the front, I highly recommend getting JKS Quicker disconnects. There are several other brands as well, but I think the majority run the JKS. You can get them direct from JKS or through one of the NAXJA sponsors, or other vendors. You can even get them from 4 Wheel Parts, if you wanted.

Very easy to install. Sometimes, getting the old mounts off is the hardest part!

Good Luck!

Most people yank their rear sway when they get even half serious.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Most people yank their rear sway when they get even half serious.

Not sure that is the same on the WJ's. They have coils in the rear.

XJ's, definitely remove it...

Leep said:
Remember that he has a WJ. And yes, the frist thing I removed from my XJ was the rear swaybar. I took the front one off too but I cant remember where I put it.

Leep

How many of you XJ'ers are running on the street with the front sway bar removed or disconnected?

The reason I ask is that I used to daily drive my YJ with no front sway bar, on skyjacker leafs and it actually rode smoother on road without it, even though there were some people that thought it was unsafe.

I suspect the coil front XJ's would be a bit more squirly without the front sway.

I ran mine without the sway hooked up when I lost a pin for the quick disco in Gorman.

It made death wobble extra fun!

88trailcrawler said:
How many of you XJ'ers are running on the street with the front sway bar removed or disconnected?

The reason I ask is that I used to daily drive my YJ with no front sway bar, on skyjacker leafs and it actually rode smoother on road without it, even though there were some people that thought it was unsafe.

I suspect the coil front XJ's would be a bit more squirly without the front sway.

Well mine is not a daily driver and I DO NOT recommend running anything on the road that is equipped with the front that is disconnected. If it breaks while wheeling then that is a different, but if you can hook it up while on pavement I strongly suggest it.

Esp when you are lifted, all that extra weight up top when having to do an emergency manauver, all that weight will soon be on the bottom.

Just my .02 worth.

Leep

I'm running around with no swaybars on my XJ, no real problems. Handling is pretty boat-like. It takes some getting used to, but its fairly stable. Mind you, I'm not lifted very high yet.

I drove around for 2 years with no front sway bar. A little soft and alot of body roll, but you get used to it. I put 5150's valved at 255/70 and that helped alot.

I just got new sway bar mounts on a couple of weeks ago (thanks Scott!). Much better now.

Back