• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coax cable needed

jsolorza

NAXJA Member #1632
made an antenna bracket, just maybe someone might have one lying around that they dont need. heres some pics
ant3.jpg

ant2.jpg

ant1.jpg

thanks jose

Looks like you're going to want RG-8 or RG-58 coax. RG-59 and RG-6 have an impedance of 75 ohms, and the CB wants 50 ohm impedance cable (which is satisfied neatly by the RG-8 or RG-58.)

I know it sounds picky - but you want a clean signal, you'll want the right cable. Just trying to help you (if you could use RG-6, I'd send you some for the shipping! I'm fairly sure I've got ten feet or better...)

5-90

i appreciate the offer, i was looking for something close by cause i'm going on a trip in a couple of weeks. so i just need something temporary.

thanks jose

jsolorza said:
5-90

i appreciate the offer, i was looking for something close by cause i'm going on a trip in a couple of weeks. so i just need something temporary.

thanks jose
Radio shack... 12 footers are cheap

jsolorza said:
5-90

thanks jose

No worries. Post to SoCal would take about a day or so - but with RF, it's just better to do it right from the off.

Check with Ham Radio Outlet - I think they're down there, and should have a decent quality RG-8 or RG-58 on hand (or know where you can get it.) Radio Shack carries mainly RG-59 and some RG-6 - and not that good anyhow - I'd rather use RS cable to tie down a load than anything else...

You should be able to find Ham Radio Outlet (and other radio supply houses) online.

5-90 said:
No worries. Post to SoCal would take about a day or so - but with RF, it's just better to do it right from the off.

Check with Ham Radio Outlet - I think they're down there, and should have a decent quality RG-8 or RG-58 on hand (or know where you can get it.) Radio Shack carries mainly RG-59 and some RG-6 - and not that good anyhow - I'd rather use RS cable to tie down a load than anything else...

You should be able to find Ham Radio Outlet (and other radio supply houses) online.
RS does carry RG 58 ;) And the HRO has dissapointed me twice as they never have the length I need in stock and I have to make my own...

Kejtar said:
RS does carry RG 58 ;) And the HRO has dissapointed me twice as they never have the length I need in stock and I have to make my own...

Eh - shows how long it's been since I looked for cable at RS. For custom lengths, I'm used to making my own anyhow, so that's not any real trouble (I've worked in VVD too long...)

Besides, I'm sure there are other sources - those were just the first that leaped to mind.

5-90 said:
Looks like you're going to want RG-8 or RG-58 coax. RG-59 and RG-6 have an impedance of 75 ohms, and the CB wants 50 ohm impedance cable (which is satisfied neatly by the RG-8 or RG-58.)

I know it sounds picky - but you want a clean signal, you'll want the right cable. Just trying to help you (if you could use RG-6, I'd send you some for the shipping! I'm fairly sure I've got ten feet or better...)

9913, LMR, foil Heliax...

Or go home. :D

--ron

Back