• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9" with 4.88 gears

pataterchip

NAXJA Forum User
swaping in a 31 spline ford 9" that has full spool. ford doesn't support 4.88 gears that I want in the front they only go to 4.86, the closest match set is 4.56. running 34's now want to go to 35/36's so I want the lowest gears I can get will the miss match be a problem both? the front will also be locked when finished.

pataterchip said:
swaping in a 31 spline ford 9" that has full spool. ford doesn't support 4.88 gears that I want in the front they only go to 4.86, the closest match set is 4.56. running 34's now want to go to 35/36's so I want the lowest gears I can get will the miss match be a problem both? the front will also be locked when finished.
just go 4.86 in the 9" and 4.88 in your D30, assuming that is what you have, that is not enough of a mismatch to matter.

just do it and if it blows up and injures anyone, then we'll know that you shouldn't do that :) actually you can do it like skull said safely and go 4.88 in front.

I misread I thought you were wanting to go 4.86 in the rear and keep the 4.56 in the front.

Back