• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low beams not working.?

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
91 xj. Low beams stopped working. highs still work. Found the fuse blown-replaced it and it still doesnt work. Anyone know what it would be? thanks any hel;p would be great

Other than wiring or relays I have had BOTH low beams go out at the same time on a couple of cars, bad bulbs, coincidental yes... spent a while tracing wires when my dad said 'replace one bulb and see what happens' fixed..

Try Rich P's suggestion first. I've had it happen more than once. You don't always notice how dim your lows are getting (one light) until the second goes out. If that isn't it, check the connector at the bulkhead near the airbox for corrosion, a common problem on pre-97's. When you replace the first light, also take note of the condition of the connector there, and replace it if it's too corroded. Clean it up and lube it with vaseline or dielectric grease anyway.

Also, you can check the "dimmer switch" about 8 inches up from the base of the steering column. Mine went out a couple months ago and left me with only high beams. Got one from one of my parts Jeeps and all is right again!

Jeremy

Back