• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wierd Brakes.

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well like 2 weeks ago, i replaced my drums. New shoes,Hardware, and wheel cylinders. The Drivers side was leaking. Everything went good and smooth and after i got done, bled them and went out for a drive. Awesome, my brakes have never felt so good, very firm. A week went by and they still felt awesome, Well a couple days ago (now i had been driving all day long, and they still felt awesome) i left to go home and my pedal felt very spongy. Get home and i see that my passenger side drum was leaking and had been leaking as i look at the stains on the ground. Check the brake fluid and its basically gone in the front, so i fill it back up, pump the pedal a couple times and take it out for a drive. It felt better but not as good as it did. The pedal still felt spongy but would stop fine, But if i tap the pedal then press it to stop, it feels like it did before....So is it doing this because of air in the lines or is there a vacuum prob. like my MC is going bye bye?? Any thoughts??

Cory

Back