• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog lights

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed today while disassembling my dash that even though I didn't have factory fogs (to my knowlege) I have the wiring there. Does this wiring run all the way to the front of the jeep ? If so could I buy a factory swtich and hook them up to my aftermarket fogs ?

When I was building cars at the GM plant in KC, we did not have but a single harness for each car model. I bet the wires are there, even without the option installed. Finding them is another story. A service manual may color code them for you, which may make it easier.

Jeep typically sold an aftermarket harness for adding fogs. It is unlikely that your vehicle has all the wiring, unless it originally had fogs and a previous owner removed them.

What year and model?

Eagle said:
Jeep typically sold an aftermarket harness for adding fogs. It is unlikely that your vehicle has all the wiring, unless it originally had fogs and a previous owner removed them.

What year and model?

1995 Cherokee Sport. I can take a picture for you in an hour or so. All the wiring and the light socket is there for the fog light switch.

langer1 said:
I have heard it is there under the dash but not from the firewall forward.
x2, my 87 had all the interior wiring for fogs, all it was lacking was the switch and the harness for the lights that went to the bumper. Both could easily be obtained from the junk yard.
Harness just plugs into a plug under the hood, and get's run up to the bumper. You could just as easily make your own harness and power the lights from a relay under the hood, as it should be done for maximum light output.

Back