• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep or Sell the XJ

BIgDaddyChia

RRC Organizer
So Its not that I am having money problems or anything, but I cant seem to find a good reason to keep my XJ. Yeah I already dumped a bunch of cash into it, but since I have bought it in feburary I have driven it about 100 miles or so. Everty time I drive it something else seems to go wrong. It hasnt even left pavement yet. I need some reasons why i should or shouldnt sell it. Biggest reason I can see is that I just dont have time to keep fixing it or really any time to go wheeling

Best reason to keep it is that when you finally get the chance to wheel it - that will make all the work (and frustrations) worth it. I want to wheel as much as possible myself cause it is a great escape from the stress of everyday life, I sure wish I didn't have to miss out on wheeling this past weekend :bawl: . Hang in there and get that XJ sorted out so you can really enjoy it as it was meant to be used.

Mike

This kind of talk is unacceptable from our leaders. You have a problem like this, you pm me or Kendrik and we'll pat your butt and hold your hand and tell you everything will be ok. :D

Seriously, why don't you set up a wrenching party? you've got some members in your neck of the woods, buy some beer and let the drunkards fix your crap. :)

Oh, and mechanicals and electronics fail a lot less often if you use them more. The engine not heating up and purging all of that condensed water actually kills them quicker.

You're supposed to drive them too?

I spend a lot more time working on mine than driving it. I love working on the XJ and there is always another project in the works. There's a Dana 44 in the backyard that's going in next, but first it needs a rebuild with 4.56 gears and a locker.

I vote you don't sale it. You know that you’ll be shopping for another one in six months if you do.

I second, third and fourth not to sale it. I'd rather have it and occassionally wheel than want to wheel but not be able to. I think you'd regret selling it.

i 5th 6th 7th and 8th that notion. i got rid of my first one and got some "economical" car.....i have an xj again now. hahha. you miss it more than you think you would. and i agree, its better to have it so you can go wheelin the few times you do, than to not have it and miss out on all the fun and excitement.

I'll come over and watch somebody work on it. I'm just across 35 on 620 from ya.

This is NAXJA and someone will always help you out. Besides the RRC just voted you in and you need to own an XJ or MJ to be one of us losers. The newest Chia needs to learn how to wheel and you need something to teach them in.

BIgDaddyChia said:
So Its not that I am having money problems or anything, but I cant seem to find a good reason to keep my XJ. Yeah I already dumped a bunch of cash into it, but since I have bought it in feburary I have driven it about 100 miles or so. Everty time I drive it something else seems to go wrong. It hasnt even left pavement yet. I need some reasons why i should or shouldnt sell it. Biggest reason I can see is that I just dont have time to keep fixing it or really any time to go wheeling

Wrench party sounds like a good diea.

What ills your XJ? I've got various odds and ends parts all over the garage, so what's wrong with it?

i need to totally redo the cooling system, install new track bar or see if the one that came apart some how is fixable, install and pint my rock rails, finish tuning up so the rear main seal, get an exhaust put on. Take it out and wheel it. I am supposed to go on a wheeling trip the first weekend in Janurary but I dont know if i am gonna make it.

I've got the stock radiator from my 93 if you want it. It was doing the trick, but I wanted a 3-core so now it just sits in the corner of my garage.

Is it a Time constraint more than a man power issue? Don't you have a new "little one" on your hands right now?

Let me know if you need some help and I can try to make it out. I'm only useable every other Sat/Sun due to my Screwed up work schedule.

BIgDaddyChia said:
its more time then anything.

I feel your pain brudder!

I've got two of my own (3 and 4 yr olds) and It don't get easier! I'm looking forward to them going to school the whole day :roflmao:

As of now I keep the youngest with me during the day.

jeep4life89 said:
i 5th 6th 7th and 8th that notion. i got rid of my first one and got some "economical" car.....i have an xj again now. hahha. you miss it more than you think you would. and i agree, its better to have it so you can go wheelin the few times you do, than to not have it and miss out on all the fun and excitement.

I did the same freakin thing. had a 2wd. Traded it for a 88 with about 4.5 lift and 33's. Bought a 95 and spent about a week and a half total, swapping everything i could out. Added winch, front bumper, rack, KC's some mild engine stuff(throttle body and K&N) It's somewhere in Arkansas that's all i know. Sold it and the 88 for a couple thou. It's been to Hot Springs i know of. Gas went up,surgeries, remarried to the same woman......Bought a neon. Totaled neon. getting divorce. Got a 2001 sport...Trying to decide what direction i'm going with this one..

Back