• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Curious bout irok's

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
alright so i got 6.5" total lift and im really interested in 36x13.50 irok radials their really nice tires. i know it'll definately rub on driveways and wheelin for sure but im curious would it be okay with normal day to day driving streets freeway all that would it be okay turning and all that or no?

drivrewayafterlift.jpg

Alright F.Y.I. those are 30x9.50 Tires

it looks like your control arms are too short

Sure, If you wanna buy tires every 15-20k miles...

Sure you arms are chill...or are you just trying to avoid the subject.

13.50s will rub the control arms when turning on those stock rims. you need something with more backspacing, like 3.75 or 4", or run those rims with spacers. if you wheel your rig i would stay around 35x11.50 or 12 on a 3.75 backspaced rim. if you just want to look like a toughguy go for it, just be prepared to rub em. you also might want to look into drop brackets for your lower control arm mounts. 6+ inches is way too much angle for short arms.

hth

okay ill look into those or just long arms, do they make just lower control arm long arm kits? and i wouldnt use my stock rims i'd definately get backspaced rims i just rele like the look of irok's and its either 33x14.50 or 36x13.50.

what axles are you running. and chop till they fit why worry?

a buddy of mine runs 36x13.50 irok radials on his GC and drives his 2-3 times a week to work and around town. He loves them. He just keeps em balanced and rotates like a mofo. If this is a DD, i would say no. Buy some cheap DD tires and then keep your iroks for the trail!

I don't know why you would want to buy Iroks just for street use, its actually supposed to be the other way around, they are more for offroad.

And no, those control arms aren't chill, that is terrible, you really need put either drop brackets or long arms on for that amount of lift. For safety sake you really need to do this. That will produce a terrible ride, especially if you put Iroks on it, and could easily bend an arm or even bend/rip off a bracket.

this is definately not for only street use, it will get me to school and around town for sure but also needs to do the freeway to cow mountain in ukiah, ca where i gowheelin! and also around town i mash mud ruts and some rocks so i need it diverse but mostly wheelin use. i need a long arm kit i know cant find a suitable one for me though

Mopar It said:
this is definately not for only street use, it will get me to school and around town for sure but also needs to do the freeway to cow mountain in ukiah, ca where i gowheelin! and also around town i mash mud ruts and some rocks so i need it diverse but mostly wheelin use. i need a long arm kit i know cant find a suitable one for me though

first of all what axles are you running.

second how can you not find a suitable LA kit?

$$$$ wants the tire but doesnt want to spend the cash needed to get there.

dana 30/dana 35. do plan on buildin up with stronger shafts, lower gears, spool in the rear. i know the consequences of a spool and it'd be more benefit to me then ya'll may think. maybe a dana 44 is in the future if i can find a jeep with one. and long arm kits i'm not sure i want somethign inexpensive and relatively easy to install, i can gas mig weld pretty good and i can plasma well so i wouldn't mind doin all that if im given a template and cutting marks n such

ZacSquatch said:
Sure, If you wanna buy tires every 15-20k miles...

X2 They are CRAP for a DD!! I like to spend my money elsewhere!!:greensmok

Begster said:
I don't know why you would want to buy Iroks just for street use, its actually supposed to be the other way around, they are more for offroad.

And no, those control arms aren't chill, that is terrible, you really need put either drop brackets or long arms on for that amount of lift. For safety sake you really need to do this. That will produce a terrible ride, especially if you put Iroks on it, and could easily bend an arm or even bend/rip off a bracket.

X2 :doh: :gee:

Mopar It said:
damn why is a full spool so weak in a d35? even with let's say 30 spline shafts?

Why is a condom with a hole in it bad.... shit explodes and you get stuck with an assload of trouble ... and a baby to feed/rear end to replace.

36" tires and a spool and that Dana 35 should last about 15 minutes...

Here's how I look at it: Tire size is going to determine which way you go on about 90% of your build. So, how much tire do you want / need? What do you need to do to run that size tire? Big tires / Big lift equals big dollars! (if you want it right and safe that is...) If you can't spend the money to build the rig to fit the tires you want then you need to downsize.

I'm new to Cherokee's but your axles wont do for 36" tires. Your suspension isn't working as it is, ya need to fix it or lower it a few inches. Take a look at where your wheels are in the wells. Why don't you come down to 4.5" or so and run some 33" tires with some trimming and bumpstops? 33's look big on a Cherokee, so you could still get that "cool" look you're after without busting up your stuff so easy.

Back