• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing AA SYE & Tera 2-Low... problems

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
I was re-assembling my '97 231 after installing an Advanced Adapters SYE and a Tera 2-Low kit, and am at the point where I have sealed & bolted the 2 case halves together... it seems, however, that I can not spin the main shaft with everything tightened down... if I loosen all the bolts it will spin freely, but tightening them all seems to lock it up. The front output is free, it rotates within the slack of the chain, but the main shaft is jammed. I've already taken it apart again twice, and there aren't any obvious interferences. Has anyone run into this problem, or will it free up when I put the new tailcone in place?

Thanks!

I would suspect something to do with the oil pump.It goes outside the case,this is a common mistake.

BTW:Did your kit require the re-installation of the needle bearings,that bearing depth is also critical.

Last edited:
Check pump to spline area.

When tightening the yoke nut look thru the speedo hole and make sure the splines of the shaft is going thru the pump correctly.

mark
orgs mfg

The pump goes outside the case?! I should have paid more attention when Peterbilt took the damned thing apart... that explains everything! I'll try that in the morning and report back on my progress. Thanks!

Dont forget to hook up the pick-up tube to the oil pump before putting the back-half of the case on.

Thanks for the help! It went back together very easily after putting the oil pump in the proper location. Hopefully, I'll see you all in Moab and thank you in person!

Back