• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys 4.5

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i'm lookin at a rustys 4.5 lift, full spring packs and adj LCA and steering stabilizer. pros? and cons? about this lift. after a while i'm going to add some spacers and a LA upgrade any one running this lift?

I run a 4.5 lift with 2" spacers. I have had very little sag in the springs over the four years, but I do want to ditch the spacers for 6-6.5" springs. I have to say the worst part of the lift is the shocks and the original trac bar. My trac bar was an older desingn and after a while in bent. They replaced it with the one they sell know for free and have had no issues. The Rusty's shocks just suck, but I think they allow you to upgrade to 5150's or 9000's so I thik that would me $ well spent.

Wounded XJ said:
I run a 4.5 lift with 2" spacers. I have had very little sag in the springs over the four years, but I do want to ditch the spacers for 6-6.5" springs. I have to say the worst part of the lift is the shocks and the original trac bar. My trac bar was an older desingn and after a while in bent. They replaced it with the one they sell know for free and have had no issues. The Rusty's shocks just suck, but I think they allow you to upgrade to 5150's or 9000's so I thik that would me $ well spent.

the shocks are free. why complain.

i have it and the trac bar is the only real issue, although having stock shackles doesnt allow for that much flex.

and if your going to upgrade to a long arm then why spend the extra now on the adj control arms? i use fixed and they work fine for me since im doing a long arm in a month

I have used a lot Rusty's products and have no real complaints. There track bar at 5" of lift worked well for me untill i went to 6.5" I then began to bend TRE's. I was very happy with there springs and shocks honestly. I still run there rear 3" shocks relocated in the back.

All in all its a good kit for the money but i would just run fixed arms if you are going to go long-arms. Save the money now so you can upgrade sooner

ok so the rustys lift is a "plus"? just get different shock? about the control arms, its gunna be like 6 months to a year to upgrade, i mean i'm tryin to get out of my fast food job and out of my parents house

Back