• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake problems

90XJay

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
driving to pick up my cuz for a church event and i notice my brake pedal almost seams to have air in the lines and the pedal is lower then I am used to. So I pick him up and check my fluid. It is pretty low. I hit up ol wally world and buy a big bottle and bleed the brakes in the lot (done this many many many times so I know what air in the lines looks like) I notice there are no visual leaks. My jeep is still covered in a dried bright colored mud so any water/oil shows immediately and everything around my calipers and drums is dry. So I top it off after tryign to bleed them (no air came out) and notice no change in the pedal. I drop off my cuz after the event and on the way home try to feel out the pedal (I didn't want to test it with him in the jeep) so I was on an empty backroad and I pushed the pedal down. It goes to just about the floor and the brake light flashed briefly. But then you can pump up the brakes and they work fine for a while which to me feels liek air in the lines. Is my booster or master cylinder shitting the bed? I'm uneasy about this and need to find out what's wrong, I don't have a back up vehicle at the moment.

specs:
90, 4.0, auto
recently put new pads on, compressed the calipers back in if it helps diagnose it
thanks for your help

Back