• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB 2008

I am planning on being there this year. This will be my first trip out there and would love to go with people who have gone. I would also greatly appreciate a list of stuff I should bring/expect. I have never done anything like this before and should have battle wagon ready to go by then.

well... i haven't broke anything out there yet (knock on wood) but i have seen front axle shafts, drive shafts, u-joints, manual hubs, all the normal stuff break... so definitely bring spares of those... saw your rig in that thread, looks like you'll be hitting the harder moderate trails or better... you'll have a blast...

i'll just warn you also, bring your own beer, utah's is low point... they do have a microbrewery/restaurant there that has some nice selections...

I have got a non-modified D30 up front right now and I will have on my 33's. Should I have any major concerns not having a locker while out there? After my engine build I might have enough to put a limited slip in my rear... maybe.

nah... my first trip i was open/open... i started with the easier trails and have worked my way up (now i've got a detroit ez up front and aubern LS rear)...

no doubt you'll run across xjblue (jarrod) out there... he's run open/open and a budget lift w/31's and makes it look easy... if he's leading poison spider you wanna get on that trail...

look for the wells trail guide for moab... very useful in my opinion... i use it every year checking out the trails i want to run...

Cool, thanks. I thought I might miss out being open front and back. I am going to buy a new set of front shafts, the ones in it are pretty scary looking when I changed out the the drivers side hub. I figure to drive the old ones till they die then swap out. I have about 8 ujoints extra right now, I will install new all around then have a full set in spare then. I am working on a switch for my secondary radiator fan this morning to keep things a little cooler, the 210 deg heat doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy.

Have your reservations yet? I have mine and got em' on Aug 1st. Better think ahead gents and call now.:callme:

I just called today to get on the mailing list for the registration forms. I was thinking about just camping out in my jeep or pop tent. You know I hadn't even thought that far yet ;) Shows how new I am at doing this ;)

Same question here, slickrock? If enough of us go, camp together? I will have a good selection of tools and portable air. I figure if I can get a hummer mobile after a landmine hits it, I should be able to handle trail breaks.

http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

that's where the thing is headquartered... if you'd like your nights a little quieter then look here...

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/

just north then east of town there are several campgrounds along the colorado river as well...

check the event thread, someone posted that a hotel in town was offering naxja members a discount if reserved by end of year i think...

I want where the party is at ;) I figure if it is my first time, I want to see it all.

I have my receipt for my cabin the 18th thru the 24th! yay:passgas:

Back