• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where'd ya'll put your cb's?

Here's mine.

100_2813.jpg

i put mine there too, little bit more back though and bolted through the roof. its junk it makes it all flimsy and pop down and stuff so im tryin to move my cb to another spot

IntrepidXJ said:
the cb itself or the antenna?

you said cb....so here you go:

IMG_3941.JPG

I like your setup, very clean! I would like to see how ya ran the antenna!

I thought that was the case but had to ask. Looks like I may do that with mine. :cheers:

Mine's not exactly mounted, but I found a place where it stays put and relatively out of the way.
IMGP1168.jpg

IMGP1169.jpg

what about mounting your antenna? other than a magnet roof mount what other styles that are out of the way?

I use the same Uniden 510 and I removed the top cover from the radio. I screwed the cover to the glove compartment lid and then screwed the radio back to the cover. The mike gets tossed in the ashtray. Be carfull the screw heads are not so tall they hit the circuit board. The passengers and I are both real happy with the location but you do need to go a little easy on the glove compartment lid when opening and closing.

mines just before the rear lights on the overhead console, works pretty good there and I hide the wires in the speaker bar I cut in half to connect to the overhead console. if I clean it up a bit I think it would be nice.

I put mine in the center console. It was a little one though, not the big cobra 25 ltd or anything. I searched forever where to put it, and I just didnt want it out in the open.

Back