• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Total My Jeep

s7tech

NAXJA Forum User
Well boys I was at Ocotillo Wells yesterday, and my 90 cherokee made it up Blowsand Hill, and was parked at the top. When a drunk driver T-boned my Cherokee. My buddy was sitting on the hood and I was standing on the oppisite side of the impact. It knocked my buddy(also a naxja member) out of harms way. When he hit my jeep it knocked it over about 10 feet into another parked rhino. My jeep hit me and then I flew into the rhino and then ended up with the jeep above me. I was not pinned between or under, but I was in bad shape. It turns out that my face left a imprint on the window and that knocked my tooth out and into my lip where it stayed. They did a cat scan and x rayed my entire body. I am really just banged up pretty bad. The guy that hit me is getting felony dui charge with endangerment (he had his 4 year old grandson in the truck with him. Well that is short version. Good pain Meds. I don't know how to post pictures on here, but my jeep is totaled. pm you address and I will email you pics. It is crazy. Later Danny
Ps be safe guys and watch out for the other idiots

s7tech said:
Well boys I was at Ocotillo Wells yesterday, and my 90 cherokee made it up Blowsand Hill, and was parked at the top. When a drunk driver T-boned my Cherokee. My buddy was sitting on the hood and I was standing on the oppisite side of the impact. It knocked my buddy(also a naxja member) out of harms way. When he hit my jeep it knocked it over about 10 feet into another parked rhino. My jeep hit me and then I flew into the rhino and then ended up with the jeep above me. I was not pinned between or under, but I was in bad shape. It turns out that my face left a imprint on the window and that knocked my tooth out and into my lip where it stayed. They did a cat scan and x rayed my entire body. I am really just banged up pretty bad. The guy that hit me is getting felony dui charge with endangerment (he had his 4 year old grandson in the truck with him. Well that is short version. Good pain Meds. I don't know how to post pictures on here, but my jeep is totaled. pm you address and I will email you pics. It is crazy. Later Danny

We are just glad to hear that you are ok. Everyone gets theirs, hopefully this person will finally understand that drinking and driving, even offroad, is not ok.

Talk care.

s7tech said:

Damn! Good to hear that you're for the most part OK!!!! Email me pics @ [email protected] and I'll throw them up here. Anyways, call your insurance company: even if you have liability only they should help you go after the guy to recover costs. Also when they offer you the $ for totalling out don't necessarily settle for the first amount: look at similar rigs in as good or better shape (have ads handy). Lastly talk to a lawyer due to the injury. Oh yeah, consider buying back the rig if you got plenty aftermarket stuff in it. Oh yeah, did you get it towed home or to a yard? If yard, consider getting it back home.

Thanks Leep I think we have met at Azusa, I guess i should have went there this weekend

Leep said:
We are just glad to hear that you are ok. Everyone gets theirs, hopefully this person will finally understand that drinking and driving, even offroad, is not ok.

Talk care.
yup, not to hijack but you're very much correct: drinking and driving is BAD whether it's on road or off road!! I'll all for having a few beers in camp after the day is over, but I will not set a foot in my jeep afterwards nor will I drink on the trail: that's just bad karma to say the least.

oh man....glad you guys are ok considering. My approach to everyone else lately is that Everyone out there is stupid and you have to prove that you aren't. As with "innocent until proven guilty", "stupid until proven intelligent". Anyone who is drunk with their 4 year old grandson in the backseat definitely proves stupidity.

Glad you're O.K. dude. It's only a matter of time before a person who drinks and drives does something stupid and gets someone else hurt. I say sue his ass for the injuries. I hope you get better quick.

Yea it looks like I will be riding shot gun for a while

Sorry to hear man, but glade you are ok!!! Let us know how we can help, definitely try and get yolur XJ back for a parts build up!!

6stbwxi.jpg

7yrjx1l.jpg

6jksgo4.jpg

6oowytc.jpg

7x15i6e.jpg

DAMN bro!!!! I met you at Azusa too. Sorry to hear about this. Bright side is you should end up with enough to build 10 XJ's after sueing his dumb ass!!!!

Looks like your XJ got a body lift..........

You gotta "boatside" the passenger side rocker now and plate it.

Ok, so looks like your wheels, tires, axles, and lift are still swapable......., engine, tranny and transfer are probably still good as well.....

So, if buy back is cheap, as mentioned above, go for it, and start a new build!!

Good luck, hope you are feeling better.

silverslk said:
Bright side is you should end up with enough to build 10 XJ's after sueing his dumb ass!!!!

-Only if the guy has lots of money. Sometimes a person is lucky if all they are able to recover is actual medical expenses, and sometimes not even that. Just keep in mind that you can sue your own insurance company. Do not accept a settlement from any insurance company, yours included; until you have had legal counseling. I pray you recover from this quickly.

Gar

I've seen many of my friends get DUI's, and I firmly believe they should be punished harsher for this particular violation. Anyone can get out of it with like 3 grand and a provisional license for a while. BS. You get caught driving and you can hardly walk, you get a 10,000.00 fine and you don't drive, PERIOD. Welcome to the public transit system. If you think you are so cool and/or important that you can take EVERYONE's lives in your hand because you want to have a good time, then you can pay the price my friend. Anyhow, VERY glad you are ok, and I hope that you recover well man, I'm truly sorry to hear about this.

Skwerly said:
I've seen many of my friends get DUI's, and I firmly believe they should be punished harsher for this particular violation. Anyone can get out of it with like 3 grand and a provisional license for a while. BS. You get caught driving and you can hardly walk, you get a 10,000.00 fine and you don't drive, PERIOD. Welcome to the public transit system. If you think you are so cool and/or important that you can take EVERYONE's lives in your hand because you want to have a good time, then you can pay the price my friend. Anyhow, VERY glad you are ok, and I hope that you recover well man, I'm truly sorry to hear about this.

I'm with you bro but the problem is those same jackasses that dont think twice about driving drunk (illegal) also wont think twice about driving without a license (illegal)...havent you ever seen "Cops"?? Thats why there are high-speed chases! Anyway, sorry about your accident, but glad you're okay! Hope everything turns out and you're back better than before.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
I am extremely greatful that you and your friend (and others) are OK. Hope the soreness goes away quick.

The body mark on the door and the face print on the window are unbelievable! I'd take the window out and hang it in my garage as a reminder....

I hope his insurance will get you a replacement rig and take care of any expenses.

Keep us posted!

Best of luck!

Kejtar said:
yup, not to hijack but you're very much correct: drinking and driving is BAD whether it's on road or off road!! I'll all for having a few beers in camp after the day is over, but I will not set a foot in my jeep afterwards nor will I drink on the trail: that's just bad karma to say the least.
Same here. I stopped wheeling with friends who believe otherwise. Drinking and driving is stupid, period. Add in difficult terrain, and its even worse IMO.

Back