• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy USA X-joints

I spoke to a Alloy rep and he said that Alloy built their own joint because of supply problems from Spicer for 760s in their 4340 shafts. My 30 spline Alloys came with 760s and I bought Alloys as spares and the rep said that they are compareable to 760s in strenght.

Alloy USA is not selling anymore of their X-Joints until they get the cap issues worked out... Atleast that's what I was told last week...

When they get the bugs worked out of the DD version they said they were going to make a more trail oriented versions w/o needle bearings...

But from what I was told last week, they are no longer selling the X-joints until they nre R&D is finished...

stop playing around with crappy patent infringing rip offs.

save the cash up and buy a set of CTMs.

They are the most expensive joints out there, but thats because they are the last u joints you'll ever have to buy, at that size that is.

You will never hear any complaints about CTMs unless its that they cost too much. If you ever have a problem with them, they get replaced no questions asked.

Stick to spicers if you dont wanna fork over the dough for the best.

CTM's are strong and pricey but If I go anything besides 760's it'll be w/ Longfields..

Also, I would like to think that w/ Alloy Shafts and Spicer 760's that the u-joint would go before the ring/pinion... W/ CTMs or similar it'll be the opposite...

uncc civilengineer said:
CTM's are strong and pricey but If I go anything besides 760's it'll be w/ Longfields..

longfields? :lol:

not only are his crappy 300m d60 birfs blowing up left and right now.....one two weekends ago at a comp at the hammers as a matter of fact, but his customers have been complaining over the past year of the ujoints galling up and having to be rebuild after months of use.

all longfields are not made by his company here in the states, no all his products are out sourced and brought in from overseas.

another special note, get two longfield ujoints and see if the caps from one will fit on the other. just try it.

but yes IMHO putting ctm's on a 30 or 44 with alloys unless there yukons is like asking for a r&p failure.

uncc civilengineer said:
Alloy USA is not selling anymore of their X-Joints until they get the cap issues worked out... Atleast that's what I was told last week...

When they get the bugs worked out of the DD version they said they were going to make a more trail oriented versions w/o needle bearings...

But from what I was told last week, they are no longer selling the X-joints until they nre R&D is finished...

What kind of cap issues?

Not sure... but according to Alloy USA (as of last week) they are not selling their U-joints anymore until they get the cap issues worked out... they didnt go into detail about it... Call them and see what they say..

I ordered my shafts from Alloy USA and they suggested getting something other than their joints. He seemed to be pointing away from their products, so I'd kinda have to wonder.....if they don't have confidence with their products who do you go with? I went with longfield for the price, but we'll see how they last.

53guy said:
I ordered my shafts from Alloy USA and they suggested getting something other than their joints. He seemed to be pointing away from their products, so I'd kinda have to wonder.....if they don't have confidence with their products who do you go with? I went with longfield for the price, but we'll see how they last.

Nick... I've never seen or heard any complaints about the Longfield 44 joints... Lots of guys here in NC are running them and have nothing but praises for his products and customer service...

Also, as for them not lasting.... I doubt they'll break but if they do he'll send you a new one for life...

uncc civilengineer said:
Also, as for them not lasting.... I doubt they'll break but if they do he'll send you a new one for life...

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't plan on running flanges up front, so I hope I break a hub fuze before I snap a R/P, but I doubt with my doughnuts on there that I'll be breaking much! :firedevil

Ok, after reading this thread, i checked joints again- and found some cap play in RF. Called alloy to get the scoop. They were kind enough to tell me that they had cap "issues" as UNCC said and dont have new ones made yet. This was 3 or 4 weeks ago. They said theyd send me 2 new Spicers for free, then ship 2 NEW xjoints when they get them figured out. Decent customer service attempt at least. 6 joints for the price of 2? Kinda?

mjd99xj said:
Ok, after reading this thread, i checked joints again- and found some cap play in RF. Called alloy to get the scoop. They were kind enough to tell me that they had cap "issues" as UNCC said and dont have new ones made yet. This was 3 or 4 weeks ago. They said theyd send me 2 new Spicers for free, then ship 2 NEW xjoints when they get them figured out. Decent customer service attempt at least. 6 joints for the price of 2? Kinda?

Decent??? Honesty... generosity... commitment to quality... they did everything but recall the damn things!
Billy

Thats one thing you really have to give Alloy-USA. They have hands down the best customer service in the axle market.

Not to mention they have some pretty good axles too!

cal said:
Thats one thing you really have to give Alloy-USA. They have hands down the best customer service in the axle market.

Not to mention they have some pretty good axles too!

They sure do. Quick delivery and rock solid warranty.

What kind of play are you guys getting in the u-joints?? I have some play in mine up and down, but there is no play if I try and twist the joint. I just keep them well greased.

Back