• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple TNT LA questions

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've had the TNT LA kit installed on my 01XJ for a couple weeks now, and I have some questions for those that have it installed as well.

Do you get a lot of Johnny Joint noise through the floor? Seems like the brand new joints sound the same as my worn out RE superflex arms.

Did you have to re-adjust your t'case linkage after installing the bellypan? I tried to put the t'case in 4lo and can't get it any farther back than N either stopped or rolling. I had 0 issues before installing the kit.

Other than that, I am very happy with the kit and would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade to long arms.

Have you tried putting it in neutral first then trying to put it in 4lo? I sometimes can only put it in 4lo when I am in nuetral.

I think i read before that the TNT kit does adjust the height of the Trans/TC...might just need a small adjustment on the linkage.

Yes, adjust the linkage and you should be fine. Also as far as the johny joint noise, make sure you have them torqued to the spec they give you or they will make all kinds of noise. Ask me how I know lol.

yea i have had the same issue. i have the r.e. 5.0" lift with t&t y-link, and on rough roads you can hear and feel some issues with it. freaked me out at first, but i made sure everything was tight...no worries, its just the nature of the beast...i freaking love my y-link!

and yes i have had to re-adj. my shift linkage on my t-case, everything works flawless now:yelclap:

I had the same issues lots of sqeaks and trouble with 4 low . After lots of grease and a shifter adjustment and a few wheeling trips it loosend up and flexes like a champion!

Back