• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

love .... hate

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I love my jeep. It is a fun toy and more then that. It took me to cool places and allowed me to meet cool people but next time the rear main is going to be going I WILL GIVE IT TO SOMEONE TO WORK ON IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!! It started with me getting rear main with a burr that caught as soon as I started installing it and sliced the seal. OK, got that replaced, got the rear main in and I'm ready to put the oil pan back on but...... the gasket shrunk! They gave me the wrong damn gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, got that replaced, cleaned things up and noticed that when I did my 4:1 install I should have replaced the seal on the back of tranny as it looks like that's leaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will it ever stop? I just got back from giving it a rest for a few long months, I've wheeled it 3 weekends and now I"m going to be wrenching on the junk for what it seems like MONTHS!

:rattle:

How do you think I feel.. I haven't wheeled mine in TWO years.. last year was a new trans and WJ swap. Followed by this year a new motor and cooling system..

All some people want to do is wrench. Its hard too when you need it as a daily driver. Get another vehicle and let the jeep sit between thrashings.

KH

Kevin3151 said:
All some people want to do is wrench. Its hard too when you need it as a daily driver. Get another vehicle and let the jeep sit between thrashings.

KH
He has another daily driver. He just likes to bitch and moan.:cry:

Use the 95 and up 1 pc gasket, zip tie the gasket to the pan in the 4 corners put it up, start the bolts, cut the zip ties. Easy.

Kevin3151 said:

KH
well... I do have my GTI ;) And after I got tired of wrenching on my junk I took it to a range and put some holes in some paper :D

Kejtar said:
yeah... but I miss driving my jeep! I actually was enjoying it again for a change
Well, at least you have a jeep you can drive now.:doh:

Kejtar said:
how's your rebuild going? did you find an axle?
Yup. Got a new housing thanks to Mike Rollins. Just waiting for new track bar bracket and truss to arrive. We'll see what happens.........

Kejtar said:
I love my jeep. It is a fun toy and more then that. It took me to cool places and allowed me to meet cool people but next time the rear main is going to be going I WILL GIVE IT TO SOMEONE TO WORK ON IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!! It started with me getting rear main with a burr that caught as soon as I started installing it and sliced the seal. OK, got that replaced, got the rear main in and I'm ready to put the oil pan back on but...... the gasket shrunk! They gave me the wrong damn gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, got that replaced, cleaned things up and noticed that when I did my 4:1 install I should have replaced the seal on the back of tranny as it looks like that's leaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will it ever stop? I just got back from giving it a rest for a few long months, I've wheeled it 3 weekends and now I"m going to be wrenching on the junk for what it seems like MONTHS!

:rattle: :rattle: :rattle:

You want some cheese with that whine? LOL

Sucks to hear it, but just think abouthow good are getting at it!

I have to do my rear main really soon. Not too bad considering I just hit 80000 miles on it.

And after JV, I need to reseal my rear diff cover as well.... 2nd time his year...

Good luck on getting it fixed for good.

there will always be something to work on when you wheel your vehicle quite a bit. I had installed new uppers and lower LCAs a few months ago and now I need to tighten the SF joints. I've had my rear leafs rebuilt and then again retightened the eyelets and now the leafs are saggin and the shackle bushings are worn.

I need to replace my oil adapter gasket rings as of late.

Its much less work than what some ppl have to deal with.

Kevin3151 said:

KH

Complete opposite. If my Jeep just worked 100% of the time, and was completely done, I'd be just fine with that :D. But Jeeps are never done, and they're always broke.

OR maybe I'm just bitter after 3 days of working on the Jeep, just to put a set of drop brackets on.

A wise friend who has owned his fair share of Jeeps told me once.... "Once you own a Jeep.... you'll always have something to work on...."
Now when someone come into the office and wants Jeep advice I tell them the above quote....
I love to use my XJ.... and HATE ! to HAVE to work on it.... So I got another truck... :laugh: Now I work on it at my convenience.... actually the truck needed work the other day... so it's in the shop.... the same day the
H2o pump decides to go out.... I love my Jeep.... I love my Jeep.....

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
A wise friend who has owned his fair share of Jeeps told me once.... "Once you own a Jeep.... you'll always have something to work on...."
Now when someone come into the office and wants Jeep advice I tell them the above quote....
I love to use my XJ.... and HATE ! to HAVE to work on it.... So I got another truck... :laugh: Now I work on it at my convenience.... actually the truck needed work the other day... so it's in the shop.... the same day the
H2o pump decides to go out.... I love my Jeep.... I love my Jeep.....

Curt

Well... I kind of love it again ;) I got the interrior for the most part done, the rear temporary pin replaced with a stronger one and the rear main is done (I hope it is not leaking again... I hope it's not leaking again ;) ).

What's left? The output on the transmission (that will wait for a while). I think that the tcase is leaking at the seam (someone didn't put enough silicone while putting it back together). Also I finally need to get my ass in gear and get the HAM antenna mount redone and get the CB antenna mount fabbed up (that cheesy antenna I keep using SUCKS). Oh yeah, the trailer harness needs to get hooked up one of these days along with the brake controller. GRRRRRRRRR list keeps growing...... again...

even though doc told me to stay out of the cold garage and not wrench on my jeep, I could not resist:

8787cq1.jpg

Got the replacemnt mirror on and pounded the door out a bit so that the glass does not catch inside anymore :)

As a side note: I wonder how long will it take me to dent that door again (I've already pounded out the same spot about 3 times now).

whacky115.gif

Back