• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Solenoid Problem

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a used M8000 and it uses the old solenoid pack that uses the starter type solenoids. I tested the winch after i bought it and it worked alright but i decided to strip it down and rebuild it anyways. when i had it back together and mounted it, i tired it again but nothing happened. i used the motor check method and the motor works fine but the solenoids weren't clicking so i took the pack apart and cleaned up all the connections and replaced one solenoid. I put everything back together and tried it once more- no luck. the switch on the hand control seems a little "mushy" (it doesn't really "click"). not sure if thats how it's supposed to be. i was wondering if there was any way to splice the green/white/black controller wires to bypass the switch and see what the problem is. are there any other methods for testing the solenoids?
FWIW I contacted warn but they aren't open till monday and i'll be headed back to school by then. just wondering if anyone around here had any ideas/experience...
Thanks!

does anyone know if the solenoid box/ mount has to be grounded? i relocated mine under the hood and it's not grounded. i was thinking about it and there is no way to complete the control circuit for the solenoids without a ground... does that sound right? i'm guessing when it was mounted to the motor, the motor housing was grounded and that provided the ground for the control circuit. now that its been removed, there is not ground, only positive power for the controller. i'm not sure and i can't check it on the jeep but that makes sense to me. do you think thats the problem? maybe thats not the case but i'm hoping it is ha ha

Back