• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and front driveshaft hardware

Combatcm

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing the porc sye on my 2000 cherokee. I'm using a front shaft in the rear and am having problems. I bought new straps at the store for the rear and they turned out to be too shallow and they come with really tiny screws that only thread in about 1cm.

Problem 2 is the front shaft needs larger bolts to connect to the yoke, these are larger bolts than the rear bolts. Does anyone know what size these are?

Thanks

I dunno man, my front shaft just bolted right up to everything with the existing hardware....?

EDIT: what do you mean it needs larger bolts to connect to the yoke??? the yoke is too big?

The double cardan requires longer bolts to go through as opposed to strap bolts. The junkyard didnt give me the bolts so I have to get new ones.

I just went to chrysler, napa and advance and I'm SOL.

I'll probably end up going to loews and getting some good grade cap screws

Try the dealer. The factory part number is 06034966 for the bolts for the double cardan joint. Not sure what part of NJ you are in but Westwood chrysler/jeep shows them in stock. Shouldn't run you more than $5 for 4 of em.

Back