• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wire in a trans temp gauge...

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
i am goin to do that soon , i kno how i want to put it in, but how do i get power to it, i want wire so it turns on and off with the jeep, and diagrams or directions for it? thanks!

anyone?!

Thre are lots of accessory wires under the dash you could tap into that are only hot when the ignition is on. On my 89 there was a slot marked "ACC" on the fuse block that was for wiring accesories like what you want.

For the guage I'd just put a T inline on the rubber line and put the sender there, You might have to ground the T depending on the sender.

hmm ok i have a 00 and was wondering will that work on it, and all the fuses are under the hood and there are no fuses toto wire it in the dash area?!

just run the wires out to the fuse box, through the firewall or you could tap into power at the cigarette lighter.

ok ill do that, and for the light to turn on/off i can tap into the headlight switch right?!

blackdoutxj said:
ok ill do that, and for the light to turn on/off i can tap into the headlight switch right?!

any dash or switch light will work. It doesnt have to be the headlight switch, just a light that turns on with the headlights.

ahh ok thanks a lot matt:)!

I ran mine off the ignition wire for the radio. Then I ran the light off the dimmer light for the radio, makes for a clean installation.

hmm ok, which wires are those if i take the radion apart?!will u have to ground both connections?!

blackdoutxj said:
hmm ok i have a 00 and was wondering will that work on it, and all the fuses are under the hood and there are no fuses toto wire it in the dash area?!

Not sure about an 00 but there was a blue wire coming out of my 95's fuse/relay box under the hood that was an ignition wire.

PM me if you want a FSM.

Get a multimeter. Then just probe around for a wire in the fuse box or under the dash that has power when the ignition is on. For example, the red wire going to the TCU (I think, or was it the yellow wire?)

Back