• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

07 Grand Cherokee Overheating!

impulse001

NAXJA Forum User
So I went on some trails with my 2007 Grand Cherokee and now when I idle, after about 10 minutes, I notice the temperature gague start to climb, once I start driving, however, it goes back to normal. I went through a pretty large puddle of mud and my engine is covered with dirty water, could that be the problem? I was going to get the engine detailed before taking it to Jeep, but any ideas if I can get this fixed myself?

sounds like something is restricting the fan from pulling air thru the radiator...does it have an electric fan? is that running at all???

Did your radiator get covered with mud? Try to hose down the radiator without damaging the fins.

Take it to Jepp and let them worry about it. Don't detail it either they will know something is up then Just clean it with the car wash power nozzle and some soap. If it looks all shineythey will claim that you did something and you are hiding it. Or they will say that who ever did the detail must have knocked something loose.

Check the fuse, it should be in the power distribution center under the hood, not sure iwhere it is on you year, just follow the red lead off the battery to the first black box with a removable cover and pop the top, if you see fuses and relay thats it, Look at the top of the cover and the fuses should be mapped there. It's a pretty hefty fuse too, 20 or 30 amps.
Turn your A/C on high and cold or put the defrosters on, the fan should cycle in sync with the a/c compressor.
If your radiator is clogged with mud take a garden hose and from the engine side with the engine off use the hose to push water thru from the engine bay to the grill. Continue till the mud stops coming out :D :D :D Try to not get any great amount of that cold garden hose spray on the hot engine either.

Back