• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need work bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
My Monday was turning out to be a good day until about 1:30 when I was given notice that I was being terminated. It's a long story, has to do with a perceived disability but anyway, the paycheck stops Dec 5th. I need to pay my morgage somehow. This could not be a worse time of the year to ask this but if anybody needs some work done, anything mechanical or electrical, gears, welding and fab, you name it, I need to earn some money. I would prefer to do any work at my house but I will travel as necessary. Thanks in advance for any work you can throw my way. BTW I am a licensed A&P mechanic with IA if anybody has a line on a good aviation job. John.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

I've got nothing, but will keep an ear to the ground.

Damn John that sucks man. Let me ask around a little on Monday.... see if i can dig something up for you.

John, A good friend of mine has a aircraft engine shop at Bracket Airport in Pomona.
Not sure if he has any openings, or if its too far for you. PM me if ya want me to check it out for ya.

Russ

Sorry to hear John. I'm sure you'll find something with a little help of your NAXJA friends.

Oh man, BIG BUMMER! I feel for you. If I wasn't poor myself I'd have ya come up and do some work on my rig lol. But seeing as i can't even afford the parts yet.....

Man, I wish the best for you bud, that's gotta be horrible.

i can get you a job at CTM :D

no seriously if you need something to get you by it wont be much in the line of case, $12.50-$15 an hour but we work 40-50 weeks and jack is an awesome guy. jack commutes from fallbrook and temecula to fallbreezy is only a 15-20 min drive so there you go!

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
i can get you a job at CTM :D

no seriously if you need something to get you by it wont be much in the line of case, $12.50-$15 an hour but we work 40-50 weeks and jack is an awesome guy. jack commutes from fallbrook and temecula to fallbreezy is only a 15-20 min drive so there you go!
I'd be willing to look at that Ben, if you could get some info I would appreciate it.

iirc you can ran lathes/mills correct?

the more machine shop work you can do the more he will pay you!

pm me your # again cause ive lost my whole address book and ill give you a call and let jack know mabey this weekend if i see him out at the hammers.

jeeperjohn said:
I'd be willing to look at that Ben, if you could get some info I would appreciate it.

I talked to my bud at Gulfstream in Long Beach, and he said for you to apply online at their website. They are always looking for A&P's, and since your an IA you have a better chance at getting in..

Careers

Cragslist it! I needed extra cash for a baby that is here in a week. I started running ads in about august IIRC, and by end of oct I had about 6K worked up and thats turning down about 50% of the work I had people calling about, due to not having the space.

List services by name in the header under the autoparts section as well as services section. I was making 200-300 per axle for gear swaps in just labor and if you know yoru stuff thats about 2-3 hours of work typically. 100$hr isnt bad in my book...

If you need to borrow setup bearings and races I will let you use em as needed. PM if needed.

ROBERTK said:
Cragslist it! I needed extra cash for a baby that is here in a week. I started running ads in about august IIRC, and by end of oct I had about 6K worked up and thats turning down about 50% of the work I had people calling about, due to not having the space.

List services by name in the header under the autoparts section as well as services section. I was making 200-300 per axle for gear swaps in just labor and if you know yoru stuff thats about 2-3 hours of work typically. 100$hr isnt bad in my book...

If you need to borrow setup bearings and races I will let you use em as needed. PM if needed.
That's a good idea, I'll have to look into that, Thanks.

What type of fab tools do you have? Bender, notcher, plasma cutter? Any machining tools, lathe, mill?

jeeperjohn said:
My Monday was turning out to be a good day until about 1:30 when I was given notice that I was being terminated. It's a long story, has to do with a perceived disability but anyway, the paycheck stops Dec 5th. I need to pay my morgage somehow. This could not be a worse time of the year to ask this but if anybody needs some work done, anything mechanical or electrical, gears, welding and fab, you name it, I need to earn some money. I would prefer to do any work at my house but I will travel as necessary. Thanks in advance for any work you can throw my way. BTW I am a licensed A&P mechanic with IA if anybody has a line on a good aviation job. John.

This is kinda like a soap opera whats the lattest John did you find work?........SANTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back