• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken dipstick

bigwillxj

NAXJA Forum User
I broke my dipstick of in the tube yesterday and cant get it out. Its about an inch and i tried to put superglue on top of a nail but that didnt work. Does anyone have any ideas or no how to remove the dipstick tube?

just an inch? cant get some needlenose pliers on it?

use those forceps they sell at the hardware stores. they are pretty thin and have teeth to grab the damn thing. dont you love how stupid thingsl ike this just happen and give no warning ahead of time? im flexin my dipstick each time i check oil and i know its a mater of time before it snaps. anyone make dipstick bracing?

POSXJGuy said:
anyone make dipstick bracing?

as a mater of fact i do.

just put the dipstick into the tube in your engine and it will be braced.

these statment have not been verified with anyone other than my self and the voices that tell me to do stupid things. this product is covered under the following patants=

ok so there are no patents. but remember. i came up withit first.

ok so i didn't but i need the credit. so help me out here.

How about a thin magnet?

Just remove the bolt to the dipstick tube bracket and pull up on the tube. Hopefully the dipstick won't fall down into the pan.

Good luck!

canadianwheeler said:
pull the oil pan and it will slide out with it.
yea pull the rear diff cover while your at it.:doh:
how about the single bolt and remove the dipstick tube like stated above or a magnet or a needle nose pliers or forceps or...

And people wonder why I keep a whole assortment of hemostats in my toolbox... A hint on those - only buy them if they were "Made in Pakistan" - those will last you the longest and require little to no care.

As far as the dipstick proper, what year? I think I might have a couple RENIX dipsticks out in the shop, and we can negotiate afterwards...

5-90

Back