• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat tests

my bro bought the seats from JcWhitney. I was told hunsaker makes them. if so they are super comfy for the price. I plan to get 3 of them fro when i cage my jeep and turn it into a 3 seater

Hey Remi,

Hunsaker does nto have dealers, they are direct. Get in touch with Dennis (Leep). he just installed a set. I sat in them in JV. Nice seats, but they are wide and took some work to make them fit. They were a little stiffer than what I like, but they had not been udes much. Great price though...

I am not sure about PRP. I know that VeeDub parts in Huntington Beach has a few Corbeau seat in their store. 4 Wheel Pars in Laguna Hills has a Mastercraft Baja RS seat you can sit in.

Take a look at www.seatsource.com for some other ideas and prices. The guy is in Long Beach and might have a couple of different seats you can test out.

Good Luck!

hey remi i sat in a hunsaker yesterday when i went to ORW in escondido.

while it was comfortable, just picture more of a dense paded sportscar seat.
it was a firm padded seat. but when you sat in it you felt welded with the seat. which is a good thing in my opinion. lots of support in key areas etc.

pirate held a poll for seats a lil while back and PRP won.

if your willing to spend the dough go prp, if you wanna spend less like 2 for the price of one, then go hunsaker icon recliners with lumbar!

Corbeau Baja Ultra SS FTW cant beat them for the price with bracets. Unless of course you will be making your own. My seats are really comfortable, ive got lower back pain and would begin to hurt really bad after about an hour in stock seats. These corbeaus feel really good, and hold me in tight on and off road.
DSC01404.jpg

Last edited:
Beard has all their seats set up in their show room/lobby.

I bought a set of the Hunsackers at Offroad Expo for $300.

They are a bit wide, so I had to remove the cover over the seatbelt retractor to get the seats to slide forwards and back. Otherwise they fit and feel great.

I mounted them to my power seat brackets so I still have all the up/down/front/back adjustments, plus the Hunsackers recline which was a pre-requesite for me.

I dig 'em.

IMG_2606.jpg

If you wannna come up to the Hi-Dez you're more than welcome to try them out.

Ride'on,

~C!~

AppleValleySlim said:
They are a bit wide, so I had to remove the cover over the seatbelt retractor to get the seats to slide forwards and back. Otherwise they fit and feel great.

That is one of the things Dennis was showing me...

hey guys :) thanks for the suggestions but now I'm just trying to find couple folks somewhat close to me so that I don't have to drive out to ventura or murietta to try the seats ;)

David Taylor said:
I know they are more money, but I like my mastercraft rubicons.
I was in some prp's last weekend and didn't think they were as nice on the back.
I saw you cruising I think with Paul (I think on Sunday?): is he running PRP's?

has anybody ever had seats like this?
fml-100.jpg
sum-g1159_w.jpg
synkro_vinyl2-2.jpg

im guessing they work great for holding you in, and are not comfortable in the slightest. (but they're super cheap, like 250 a pair with sliders) and they look just like the hunsakers in the third pic

what i would really like is to get seats like what ruggedjeep has, but i mihgt only do the drivers seat, because i have a 2 door and want to still have access to the back seat (without making my passengers crawl in through the hatch)

Kejtar said:
yeah.. they're nice.. but they're pricy

You get what you pay for.

On that note, the set I got for almost 2 for 1. They were a set that someone had orderd and never picked up. You might get lucky.

I would sway away from Hunsaker. Guy is down the street from us (literally) so I have sat in more than a few. I still prefer PRP, Beard, or Mastercraft WAY over Hunsaker. You get what you pay for guys... you all know that.

I ran Corbeau A4's in my Mustang and loved them.

I'd really like to sit in a pair like ruggedjeeps, I'm not sure how comfy those are for a long drive, the angle always looks funny to me.

hey guys I have had a pair of grey Netami Racing seats for close to 2 years now and I am very happy with them. I love that they recline, and they really hold you in the seat. they look like these but grey to match my interior and with out the logo
78_1.JPG

Back