• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer ball joint? RE track bar

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i need another .5" - 1" of adjustment out of my RE superflex track bar. can i get a longer threaded ball joint for this small of an amount, rather that upgrade to a true adjustable one? is it safe to do so? where can i get one?

:dunno:

Which track bar is the ´superflex´ trackbar? If it is the HD 1660 one they make a longer part for it. Search on here and you should be able to find a part number.
I had the same problem, no one mentions that the HD track bar is really only good up to about 6´´ of lift.

Rod,

I doubt you will find a heim joint with a longer thread post on it. Those RE bars are only rated 4.5" lift max.

Here's your longshot tho. First, call RE, and ask how long the threads are on their heim for the RE1600, I am gonna guess its the standard 1.75" of threads like the ones I have sitting here.

THEN! Call and talk to Kris at Oregon Motorsports 2000. See if he has any 3/4" x 3/4" LH heims with a longer post. He has a pretty good stock of heim joint stuff. Or you can do the research and see if FK makes it or not first. He carries all FK rod ends.

8830 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97220
(503) 251-2925

If that dont work, we could probably get a longer thread insert to put in the end of the bar itself. Cause otherwise you're talking about replacing a trackbar and that'd suck to have to do.

Last edited:
WheelinJR said:
Rod,

I doubt you will find a heim joint with a longer thread post on it. Those RE bars are only rated 4.5" lift max.

Here's your longshot tho. First, call RE, and ask how long the threads are on their heim for the RE1600, I am gonna guess its the standard 1.75" of threads like the ones I have sitting here.

THEN! Call and talk to Kris at Oregon Motorsports 2000. See if he has any 3/4" x 3/4" LH heims with a longer post. He has a pretty good stock of heim joint stuff. Or you can do the research and see if FK makes it or not first. He carries all FK rod ends.

8830 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97220
(503) 251-2925

If that dont work, we could probably get a longer thread insert to put in the end of the bar itself. Cause otherwise you're talking about replacing a trackbar and that'd suck to have to do.

thanks alot jason, i will look into it for sure.....after wheelin this weekend. ha ha :cheers:

aussiewheeler said:
you think the trackbar is causing the problems?

yes! i have replaced all 4 springs, swapped the fronts, replaced the fronts and rears, you name it i've done it....it still leans slightly to the pass side. it started leaning after i added the .75" spacers and shackles. so my thinking is as i've lifted it more i never adjusted the trck bar, so the axle is shifted to the driver side 1 full inch. doesn't soound like much but you can almost visibly see the springs bent one direction. so it appears top heavy slightly to one side and i can only amagine what wheelin the piss out of it like that has done.

so my newest solution $$$$$ :doh: is to center everything back up and hopefully cure the problem.....after i go wheelin this weekend. ha ha
:cheers:

My research (poly performance, sky's offroad, and another local shop) told me that all heims have a standard thread length, nothing longer. I have the same tracbar/problem. But now my bar is bent/bending, so it is getting replaced completely.

we had the same problem with the RE track-bar... the superflex 4.5" kit, after 2" spacers... ended up puling the threads out of it and crossthreading her back together to get off the trail, upgraded to the RE drop bracket/other track bar and it works great now

Rod

I have a much easier solution for you, won't cost anything either.

Move over 3/4" on the trackbar bracket on the axle end and drill a new hole. That buys you some more adjustability with what you got. Just make sure you drill a hole that fits the bolt real tight.

WheelinJR said:
Rod

I have a much easier solution for you, won't cost anything either.

Move over 3/4" on the trackbar bracket on the axle end and drill a new hole. That buys you some more adjustability with what you got. Just make sure you drill a hole that fits the bolt real tight.

Josh recomended that also. sounds like an easy fix worth trying. if it ends up not working or to sloppy. then i go for the bracket and bar upgrade. i like it!

but, after wheelin this weekend. ha ha
:cheers:

I did, still didn't help me (It was enough to get it to "work", but it has been bending every run since - at the upper bend RE puts in it). I have 6" RE springs:

DSC04141.jpg

Looks as if your hiem is almost maxed out. Most likely that is why your bending the Track bar. If you get the RE drop bracket drill the holes out to fit the hiem bolt and mount the hiem with some missalignment spacers and you will have unlimited movement since the hiem is now mounted horizontally. Works great for me at 6" of lift.

Yeah, that was the plan, until it started bending. Now it will get replaced with a TNT or a custom one from Sky's Offroad. (It does have misalignment spacers.

Back