• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty's "cat back" kit question

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
on friday i'm going to be ordering the cat back kit from rusty's. right now the stock exhaust rattles against the extended shackle due to that goofy bend in the o.e. tailpipe. to those who have purchased this kit: does the pipe exit straight out the back as in the picture they show online? will it clear a lift shackle adequately, or will it require a little mangle-modifying?

Ten High said:
on friday i'm going to be ordering the cat back kit from rusty's. right now the stock exhaust rattles against the extended shackle due to that goofy bend in the o.e. tailpipe. to those who have purchased this kit: does the pipe exit straight out the back as in the picture they show online? will it clear a lift shackle adequately, or will it require a little mangle-modifying?
its turn down from the back. it was kinda crooked and it might hit your shackle but you can always chop off the turndown and add a tip. overall great kit. get the 40 it sounds mean. well worth 150 bucks. make sure to get it welded up and check your cat and o2 sensors.

yea...i have 2" shackles on may 4.5" kit...the rusty's system has absolutley no clearance issues right out of the box (at least in my experience anyway)

x2...well worth the money

:cheers:

I have a 1.5 inch teraflex shackle and the turn down hit on mine. Just a bit, but it got annoying and i cut it before the shackle. Guess every Cherokee is like a snowflake.

X-3, Get the Flowmaster 40. Sounds good. not to loud. No problem with clearances.

Have it as well with the 50 series. For some reason mine rubbed on stock shackles and on RE lift shackles. I guess it self clearanced, as it stopped rubbing.

Usually I dont recomend buying anything from Rusties, but this is actually something he cant seem to mess up. Worth the money in this case.

Ten High said:
probably because he outsources them...
i'll probably go with the 40 series, should sound good. i don't mind it being a little loud.

they bend them themselves. he actually makes pretty good products save his old trackbar design, but RE had the same issues.

Back