• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to '98 XJ Fuel Line

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
Time to Replace '98 XJ Fuel Line

I noticed that i had a small leak near my exaust manifold the other day. I can trace the line a bit from the top, but I can't get under it 'cuz the weather has been bad and i can't get it inside the shop till thurday. Is the fuel line all one piece or does it have those rubber elbows. If they are can I get al steek ones someplace? I am going to replace it from the fuel rail all the way to the charcoal filter behind the rear left wheel.

Anyone do on recently7 that want to give me some help?

Thanks

Cipey

Last edited:
I just did a quick fix on my fuel line, it was the section that runs down the "frame" by the upper control arm mount. I must have knicked it when I installed my drop brackets. What I did was get some rubber fuel line from my auto parts store and a couple fuel line clamps and then I actually cut the metal line through so I could slip the rubber line over it and tightened the clamps down on both ends and I've not had a drop since I did the fix. I crawled under there the day I did the fix and actually did it today since I had some time with the holiday and it's looking good. total cost $4.26 hopefull yours will be in an easy to reach pleace like mine was.

pierceME311 said:
I just did a quick fix on my fuel line, it was the section that runs down the "frame" by the upper control arm mount. I must have knicked it when I installed my drop brackets. What I did was get some rubber fuel line from my auto parts store and a couple fuel line clamps and then I actually cut the metal line through so I could slip the rubber line over it and tightened the clamps down on both ends and I've not had a drop since I did the fix. I crawled under there the day I did the fix and actually did it today since I had some time with the holiday and it's looking good. total cost $4.26 hopefull yours will be in an easy to reach pleace like mine was.

sounds like what happened to me when i did my sye, control arm and tranny swap out last month. i went out and ordered the new whole new line and vent from my dealer...the metal part was weak looking and the rubber looked crappy.

i tore down a suburban a few weekes ago and the fuel line looked to be some type of plastic..one piece inside the frame rail, nice and easy...it would be nice for my xj..but i am staying stock...i was hoping to see if someone did this to thier rig...

also replacing the top of the fill hose....that little metal trap door inside the fill cap broke and its throwing codes...that won't do for my7 emission insp. next month

thanks for the info...

cipey

Back