• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are the square things

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
What are the square things in the fuse box under the hood. They are about an inch square and have multiple blades that plug in? Are they fuses of some kind? I have checked the fuses but don't know how to check those things.

^x2

And you don't need to check them, you should have some pretty obvious symptoms when one doesn't work (ie, antilock brakes don't work). You can figure out which one is bad based on which major system on your Jeep isn't functioning - your owner's manual has a useful table of which relay powers what.

You are correct. No power to the headlight fuse now I'm not too sure of the schematics of the fuse block as far as where power comes from but 5-90 is probably the Man at knowing where to get the info.

Jeepm@n said:
You are correct. No power to the headlight fuse now I'm not too sure of the schematics of the fuse block as far as where power comes from but 5-90 is probably the Man at knowing where to get the info.

Haul me in again...:speepin: *snrk* What?

I've got some of the wiring diagrams up on my Yahoo! groups - groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower (1990 and earlier) and groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG (1991-up.) I've got more to scan, and just haven't had time to do so - but it's probably worth checking to see if I've got what you need up already.

I have had to switch to "fully moderated" because of the damn SPAMbots - but I've also got assistant listmoms on both of those (I keep the JeepPower group to myself - groups.yahoo.com/group/JeepPower - it's a 'support group' for my books...) and things get approved pretty quickly. Just make sure we know why you're wanting to sign up - anyone who doesn't tell us why they want to join - or just "joins via email" - get automatically denied... Sorry, but blame the SPAMmers...

Back