• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad window/door lock panel 98 Cherokee

turnerboy

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change out the main control panel on the drivers door for the windows and door locks on my 98 Cherokee. It seems I have a bad connection for the window lock button. I can't open and close any other window at their locations. I have a switch, but I'm not really sure how to jump into this thing, does it just pop off there at the panel or do I need to remove the door panel? Some guidance on this would be very helpfull.

thanks

You need to remove the whole door panel, it is held on by a couple screws on the inside. Pop door panel, remove plugs, remove screws, remove switches. Install is reverse.

I only pried on it for like 20 mins before I figured out I had to remove the whole panel :dunce:

Instead of fixing the faulty window lock button, there's a way to bypass it by just splicing into 2 wires and jumpering them together...

I'm trying to locate the article on this "mod", I'll post it as soon as I can find it - hopefully someone else knows of its exact location and will post it up.

I had the same problem if i jiggled the door lock button, my passengers could not open any windows...i just replaced the whole switch instead of splicing...could i expect that to happen again, since there are mods to the splice method?

cipey

Back